Not open for further replies.

Dancejunkie

Diagnosis
04/2005
Country
US
State
Oklahoma
This is the 1st time I've dared to join a forum. But I can't deal with this anymore by myself. I need help. Just someone to listen or talk too. Just someone to tell me it'll be ok or to quit griping & deal with it! Lol. My brain fog is bad today so I'll try & make as much sense as possible! Lol!
I got run over by a car in 1997. Total accident. Ran over both legs & I was very lucky. But I'd had pain issues before that incident. I'm a professional dancer & had back knee & ankle pain since I was a child. Long story short after I got run over I had a ruptured disc in my neck. My dr convinced me I'd be back to dancing in no time. I shouldn't have listened. I've had nothing but severe pain since the surgery. Years of pills, injections, different kinds of therapies. You name it I've tried it. It never got better. Being stubborn & co-owning a small dance studio with my mom I continued to dance. Not like before I got run over but enough to keep the studio doors open. That just ended up making things worse. Ended up with fibromyalgia & in November 2012 I was walking my dog & tripped & broke my arm. The surgeon discovered my arthritis & was eventually diagnosed with RA. SO MUCH MADE SENSE! I don't have the best insurance & haven't started any treatment for the RA. I'm actually scared too. Anyway I'm new here & hope to make some friends who are dealing with this too. Hope this is ok & makes sense. Brain fog sucks!

Dancejunkie,
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have had a really rough time of it with getting hit by a car and now diagnosised with fibro and RA. I hope you can start treatment for your RA soon because it can really cause you a lot of pain and joint damage. Do you have any free clinics or government run clinics in your area? Lots of time they go by the sliding scale on your income, which means if your poor you pay next to nothing. But it is one way to get your medications at a low cost rate. If your insurance is poor they can still give you a fair amount of good care for a low price.

Please read around the different topic sections and find new ways to manage your symptoms. I am sure there are lots of members here who can relate to your health problems and offer really good advice. I am glad you found us and hope you come back often. I look forward to getting to know you through your posts.

See you around the forum. :)

Dancejunkie, I'm so glad you've dared to join a forum. Just knowing that there is a community of people who understand can be such a comfort. I imagine there is a lot of grief at not being able to dance like your heart yearns to. And of course, there's the ever-present physical pain. Share here whenever you need a caring ear.

Thank you both! I'm sorry I didn't get back sooner! I'll do better! I have insurance but my deductible is huge. I'm self employed. I teach dance for a living. Worst job with the physical issues I have but other than that it's the best job ever. Lol! Ive been off for a week so right now I'm having a pretty good day but as you all know that can change any second. I've been told that the damage I've got now isn't too bad although I've lost quite a bit of flexibility. I usually am told it's not significant enough though because I'm so much more limber than most people the docs don't see it as an issue. The nerve damage I have from getting run over plus whatever else has caused it is my main pain issue. My skin aches so bad at times I wanna just cry! Fibromyalgia is very frustrating. Thank you all for the kind words. I hope this is a place I can make friends & get some answers along the way too!

HI to all, I'm new in this forum. This nice forum which i really like it. Nice effort to aware the people about Fibr.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back