Not open for further replies.

duduhead53

Diagnosis
4/1993
Country
US
State
CO
I'm so glad to have found this group. My fibro was directly brought on by PTSD. I'm told that is definetly a fibro starter. I'm wondering if anyone else in here has gone thru all the bloodwork for Lyme's Disease and come to find out they have that instead? I have had 2 ticks removed from the very same spot in the last 10 years. I was so creeped out I couldn't sleep for days.:roll: The pain has gotten progressively worse as the years have gone on. I DO NOT want to be a downer for anyone. I am on Lyrica, Zoloft, Topomax, Hydrocodone, and Ambien. You'd think I'd be a zombie but I work and am active. These drugs are literally allowing me to live a normal life. When I go off them which I do periodically because I choose to, I am bedridden. and non-functioning. I am thinking about asking for all the blood workup for Lymes. what say you new group? DD

I would do it. I'm going to be checking for bartonella, babesia, and erlichia.

Since I'm unavailable to edit at the moment, I'd even go as far to say that A LOT of people have lyme or are co-infected with things associated with lyme and they don't know it! :|

duduhead53,
With Lyme disease, you get a lot of the same symptoms you get with fibro. However, there are tests that can prove you have lymes, but there are no tests that prove fibro, other than ruling out everything else. I believe that PTSD could cause fibro, due to the panic and anxiety, flashbacks and depression. Anything that causes extreme emotional distress would cause our muscles to be tense and tight most of the time just from worrying about everything.

Fibro can cause strange weird symptoms and that alone is enough to freak you out. Add on to that Lymes and PTSD, and you have a powerful lot to deal with. Then add on the doctors that treat us badly and family and friends, that don't understand, it is a wonder we all don't end up in a mental ward.

It is going to be alright. You found us and we are a very supportive bunch of people who care and understand completely what your going through. We want to welcome you into the forum and hope you stick around and ask more questions and try to answer some other the other folks questions by posting. We have the serious topic's and the light hearted ones to give you hope and make you smile.

I look forward to seeing your name around the forum and I hope you feel at home here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back