Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2000
Country
US
State
PA
Hey everyone, I'm on here looking to get some help and hopefully help others too. I've had Fibromyalgia for about 14 years and still haven't found a good treatment or Dr to help me yet. Started lyrica a few weeks ago but so far it's not looking too promising. Anyway that's enough from me for now lol.

Hello there Chaoss77. Welcome to the forum. I hope you find what you are looking for. Have a nice day.

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

Good Morning Chaoss77. Lyrica was a game changer for me, still on it six or so years now and only had one bad mishap and that was one year or so after starting it. My Rheumatologist office dropped the ball and I went two weeks without it and ended up in the ER three times with seizures and had never had one before and now I may have several in a day or none for months but it changed my life BIG TIME. They say they don't know WHAT caused the seizures to begin so they can't make them stop, to me it sounds like a pharmaceutical company in fear of liability. BUT the Lyrica made and makes such a HUGE difference in my life for the better, it took a couple months for me to realize just how deeply it helped so please stick with it and if you need to go off of it do NOT GO COLD TURKEY. I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia for years now and probably had it way before that. I was first diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, Sjögren’s disease and Epstein–Barr back in 2002 and as young as I was then they were just names and tags not really meaning anything but looking back they were the doormen responsible for letting Fibromyalgia, MS and Lupus in the temple that is my body. The past 18 months of my life I honestly thought that maybe I was getting better but it was a remission of sorts. The past few weeks have been spent in a temper tantrum as I kick and scream my way back to the full extent of hell with the MS. THis is my first support group ever and much needed, I hope you find some peace and comfort here. Do not give up searching for a doctor to work for you - always remember you are paying them - they are not paying you. There are some very good ones out there and I am blessed to have one I feel I can count on. Please give the Lyrica a chance to work, it takes time so be patient. Every treatment doesn't work on every person and may do fine for awhile then need tweaking but try and keep your doses low to begin and gradually build up as needed.

Thank you SO much for your post. I too have been diagnosed with such labels with no real treatment or cure offered. Sounds like there is little that can be done to help those who are suffering like this. If scientists can map the human genome, they can learn how & why these disease processes begin & how they can be stopped. Does BIG PHARM do anything to find cures? Or is their mission only offering expensive or chronically required medicines that don't cure anything. People need more honorable researchers on the cutting edge of science & discovery to find the cause for these diseases & the cures. The Nobel Peace Prize for scientific breakthroughs to cure diseases, needs to be more lucrative than it is for scientists who could make more money through BIG PHARMA. Does Lyme Disease & Co-Infections have anything to do with these diseases? I was bit over 100 times by Pigeon Mites while I slept one night. Ever since then I just got sicker & sicker & sicker.

====================================================

QUOTE=Justmesuzi;278345]Good Morning Chaoss77. Lyrica was a game changer for me, still on it six or so years now and only had one bad mishap and that was one year or so after starting it. My Rheumatologist office dropped the ball and I went two weeks without it and ended up in the ER three times with seizures and had never had one before and now I may have several in a day or none for months but it changed my life BIG TIME. They say they don't know WHAT caused the seizures to begin so they can't make them stop, to me it sounds like a pharmaceutical company in fear of liability. BUT the Lyrica made and makes such a HUGE difference in my life for the better, it took a couple months for me to realize just how deeply it helped so please stick with it and if you need to go off of it do NOT GO COLD TURKEY. I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia for years now and probably had it way before that. I was first diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, Sjögren’s disease and Epstein–Barr back in 2002 and as young as I was then they were just names and tags not really meaning anything but looking back they were the doormen responsible for letting Fibromyalgia, MS and Lupus in the temple that is my body. The past 18 months of my life I honestly thought that maybe I was getting better but it was a remission of sorts. The past few weeks have been spent in a temper tantrum as I kick and scream my way back to the full extent of hell with the MS. THis is my first support group ever and much needed, I hope you find some peace and comfort here. Do not give up searching for a doctor to work for you - always remember you are paying them - they are not paying you. There are some very good ones out there and I am blessed to have one I feel I can count on. Please give the Lyrica a chance to work, it takes time so be patient. Every treatment doesn't work on every person and may do fine for awhile then need tweaking but try and keep your doses low to begin and gradually build up as needed.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back