Hi to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolphin500

I am ok in the morning sometimes but today went to gp and then shopping constant fatigue had to lay down no energy at all its a right pain when I next go to gp I am going to ask for something specifically for the above.

It's like half my life is laying down from this horrible fibromyalgia.
And no energy its awfull.

Dolphin500

Hi Dolphin500, and welcome to the forum.

We all can relate to what you are saying, and I would hazard a guess that all of us thought the same way that you do at first....that fibromyalgia is a horrible thing, or a demon to fight off our backs, and so on.

While this is perfectly understandable, you may find, as many of us here have, that it is not helpful to think of it in that way because fibromyalgia is systemic, and not something like a cancer that can be cut out or poisoned so it dies. The more that you can manage to take positive action to help yourself and learn how to manage fibromyalgia in the way that works the best for you, the better you will feel.

There is no magic cure, and everyone is different. But I always like to encourage people to take charge, and not to depend on doctors and medications because ultimately they will not help you, while taking action that is positive for you actually does help.

I have made a post about this. I hope you will read it, and that it will help you in some way. Consider us a good resource for information, support, and a place where you can come just to vent if you need to. We are here to help and you are not alone.

Hi Sunkcola,

Thankyou for your reply very helpful I woke up in the night in agony all I did was turn over. I don't understand it my pain seems to be worse at night for some reason I would luv to know why.
I have just been for a ct as I get very breathless when walking its horrible hosp says its not asthma so will have to see.

I need to loose weight but find it hard to loose at the moment my friend died in march 22 so I don't feel great right now funeral next week.

Dolphin500.

I don't understand it my pain seems to be worse at night for some reason I would luv to know why.
I have just been for a ct as I get very breathless when walking its horrible hosp says its not asthma so will have to see.
Hi Dolphin500 - several reasons I can think of: We are more sensitive, less distracted at night; we have less cortisol running in us; your types of pain are increased by things like the pressure from your bed or not moving.
Essentially to get on it'll be helpful to identify, localize and analyze the various pains you have, to then decrease them with self-applied exercises, stretches, acupressure, trigger pointing, arnica etc. cream, and generally supps, if you can't find a gentle understanding physio to help.
Our breathlessness is often caused by some muscular and/or cellular problem. Breathing exercises can help (e.g. deep; alternate nostrils), and there are also 2 acupressure points next to the sternum which can decrease panting in a few seconds.

Sticking to your sweet spots may reduce the fatigue a bit, also there's about 10 supps for it, and I'm having success with Chinese acupuncture at the moment.

Reactions: Con
Dolphin 500, fatigue is the other half of the coin with fibromyalgia. There will be days when it is worse than the pain. There will be other days when it's just there in the background. I have found that on those days when the fatigue is manageable I do better if I get in a good walk. This helps those sore muscles, adds a lot of oxygen (especially if you walk outdoors), and just makes you feel better. Then, on the days when you are just terribly fatigued, plan on not doing any more than you have to do. Save the grocery shopping for a better day. Let the dishes go. Lie down as often as you can. Hoard your energy. On the good days, cook 2 meals and freeze one. Keep your pantry full of quick and easy foods. Streamline your home. A house without knick-knacks all over is a lot easier to keep clean. At work or school, do your assignments ahead of time as much as possible. The trick is to plan ahead. Be prepared for days when you won't be able to do much more than the barest minimum. Then, when those days come, you will be able to accept them without feeling guilty. You'll still have that run-over-by-a-Mack-truck feeling, but you won't be worrying about all the things that aren't being done. That's how I've survived the past 50 years with fibromyalgia--and can still smile.

Dolphin500, the advice above from NY Farmwife is good. I will only add one thing---Keep your pantry full of quick and easy HEALTHY foods.
This is very important, not so much because you need to lose weight (I don't know, after all, whether or not you really do), but because eating a healthy diet is vitally important in managing fibromyalgia regardless of your weight. If you eat fast junk food it is very likely to make you feel worse. If you eat a lot of sugar and unhealthy fats, that will make you feel worse in all probability.

If you keep your fridge stocked with salad makings and healthy food that you can cook in 5 to 10 minutes, you will do much better than eating frozen pasta dinners or something like that. Trust me, this can be done. If something takes me longer than 10 minutes to put on a plate, I won't do it. I keep hard boiled eggs on hand for quick snacks or for breakfast, I snack on baby carrots, keep frozen portions that I can thaw out fast, always have a container of cooked rice in my fridge (rice cooker, no effort required), and fresh veges that I can steam or make into a salad in 5 minutes, and eat very healthy food with minimal cooking required. So, for instance I thaw out a salmon portion, toss it into a non-stick frying pan with a little bit of olive oil, heat the rice in the microwave, and throw a salad together and I am done in 10 minutes. I have timed it! I urge you to experiment with this kind of thing.

Hi to all,

Thankyou for all the information you have all posted will be very usefull to me.
I made homemade chicken curry yesterday was loverly .

When I get back from seeing my sister will re read the posts again.

Dolphin500.

Thank you, NY Farmwife! Your plan is just like the one I've adopted over the past 12 years - the batch cooking included. And I've also learned not to beat myself up when I can't do the housework, when I need an hour or two's nap during the day. Learning to accept took a long time, with many doubts about laziness and a can't do attitude. But this is the new me - for now!

Hi Dolphin500. Great name. Shopping is awful. Do your stores have the thing where you can do a pickup order or deliver order? Some here have it where you can do it online and they have it ready for you to pick up. They do have a delivery service but that can be expensive.

Hi to all,

Yes you can get online shopping but my husband goes with me to help I just put it in the basket and he unpacks it and puts it away for me some of the time as when I went shopping last week I was whacked when I came back I couldn't do a thing.

Dolphin500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back