Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
KYA
State
Central
High blood pressure can be caused by pain or various medications. Another common reason is overweight as some medicines lower metabolism or a poorly functional thyroid. Most fibro medicine like Cymbalta, Effexor and NSAIDS and other antidepressants also cause high blood pressure. Avoiding fatty and processed foods while eating foods rich in grains, lean meats, fresh fruits and vegetables lowers blood pressure. Taking a high dose of the multivitamin supplement like the CFS/Fibro Formula often relieves high blood pressure. Magnesium is a muscle relaxant and one can take 500-800 a day.

A diet high in sodium can also cause the blood pressure to rise, same comes to stress. Whatever you do people... don't mess with blood pressure meds like PROPRANOLOL. That stuff made me gain weight in just one year, I'm talking about a lot wight. Now I am having the hardest time trying to get rid of it. Oh yeah, and if you are already on it, don't be surprised if you can't lose the weight even if you exercise and diet... doesn't work while you are taking it. That stuff lowers your metabolism really badly.

Thanks remnant, my blood pressure jumped shortly after moving to Texas, I'ld never had problems with it, I don't really like salt, live fruits and veggies so I've been trying to figure out how it has played into my fibro. In afraid I'm going to have to find a naturopath that will test my thyroid properly (same med Duse for 15 years) regular Doctors have completely ignored my request to check my T4 function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back