Hip, rib and pelvic pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auriel I don't think it makes me sleepy. I mean, I still wake after about 3-4 hours of sleep a lot lately, and then have to go to sleep again. And once I get going it is later now - noonish - but that's because I get up, take meds, lie down with coffee, rest a bit more, and start more slowly. It's 10pm now and I am often still at the computer at 2am, being a night owl. I have to stop staying up late! I felt when I started the medicine that I wanted that side effeect and didn't get it. BUT... Maybe I should something to that which I think is fibro but could be related to the medicine, who knows. I have had two occasions where I slept the entire day. The first was after extra exercise - it put me in bed 3 days. The other I have no idea why. And both after a night of sleep. Also, lately I am having issues with having to watch myself driving when tired, because if I have an appointment and am tired due to being woken early, or falling asleep late or sleeping badly, I have trouble staying awake driving. One example was a recent doctor visit. It takes so long to get the appointments, I feel I can't cancel, but I worry about having an accident and often pull over to get a drink or something and arrive a little late. I think this is the tiredness simply, not the gabapentin.

Also, lately I am having issues with having to watch myself driving when tired, because if I have an appointment and am tired due to being woken early, or falling asleep late or sleeping badly, I have trouble staying awake driving. One example was a recent doctor visit. It takes so long to get the appointments, I feel I can't cancel, but I worry about having an accident and often pull over to get a drink or something and arrive a little late. I think this is the tiredness simply, not the gabapentin.
I have this too - need to be really careful and sometimes stop if I start to space out. I also occasionally get confused about where I am on roads I've known for years! I'm not on any medications, so fear that you're right about just having horribly broken sleep.

Hi I'm new here. I've had the really bad hip and pelvic pain. I had it one winter so bad I was actually limping. I save all this stuff on my phone to show doctors and saved a picture of where I could pinpoint the pain. Is this what you're experiencing?
Hi Momzilla,

Your screenshots are definitely on the nose for the hip pain I experience - it can get excruciating sometimes!

DebMarPir it does seem to be a huge problem with fibro and I still wake random times through the night and wake up completely alert early hours a lot and that’s when I’m doing what most people do daytime, so through the day I’m super tired, it’s just a bizarre condition? and the driving thing, please take while driving debmarpir 💞💫💞

Aw jem I’m sad for your hip pain now, I’m gonna log in later (didnt sleep tidy last night couldn’t get to sleep 😣) I’m ok hope your are too 🇬🇧 😙 🇵🇹.

Aw jem I’m sad for your hip pain now, I’m gonna log in later (didnt sleep tidy last night couldn’t get to sleep 😣) I’m ok hope your are too 🇬🇧 😙 🇵🇹.
Thanks love. I'm OK - still swinging, and that's what counts!

I'm sorry you didn't sleep well again last night. It's a b*gg#r, isn't it?! Have a lovely, gentle and restful day, and hopefully tonight will be better 🌘🌠

Meant take care while driving x x x

Thanks Auriel and Jemima. I haven't figured out how to "tag" people so I hope you see I responded. I feel like you folks understand, this group is so kind and helpful! It's tricky trying to figure all this out and I think it obviously takes time, especially when each of us is different to the point even the doctors don't get us, right?

Thanks Auriel and Jemima. I haven't figured out how to "tag" people so I hope you see I responded. I feel like you folks understand, this group is so kind and helpful! It's tricky trying to figure all this out and I think it obviously takes time, especially when each of us is different to the point even the doctors don't get us, right?
You're so, so right! Fibro seems to be a beast that just won't fit neatly in a box, and I think that often leaves us a little in the cold in terms of tailored treatment solutions. Glad you've found positivity here - there always seems to someone with the right overlap to advise, which feels like gold dust! Wishing you well 🌻

@DebMarPir , if you want to tag people in you just put the @ symbol before their name then underneath the choices of who you could be tagging comes up and then you touch that name (Jaycs taught me that) then in comes up in notifications 🌺🧚‍♀️🍄

Your welcome and Jaycs welcome too for telling me. (it’s handy, it’s like a little call and a wave) 🐹🐶🐱

anyone have chronic hip pain that travels to the pelvic area and then rib pain that is all the way around? Meaning my ribs are tender to the touch front, back and on the sides.
@WorryWort may be long gone..., but expanding on @Jemima's answer rib pain like this is almost surely costochondritis. Whether or not this or the cause of the hip/pelvic pain is diagnosed, expert physio (e.g. osteopathy, chiropractice, acupressure) can likely help a lot, as well as stretching and similar exercises. I've seldom been disappointed by typing the type of pain into youtube. Like a few weeks ago "heel pain". Plantar fasciitis seemed to fit (often heard/read, never taken seriously), altho my acupressurist didn't agree at first, but trying the various calf exercises recommended got/gets rid of it quickly for me (as I don't have it all the time)....

Does anyone have pain that starts when lying on either side of their body? My pain flares at night. The pressure when lying on either side of my body triggers pain in my leg, hips, arm, flank and ribs. I’m assuming this is allodynia. Gabapentin is the only think that seems to help with this pain.

Hi timkav,

When I'm in a bad flare, lying in just about any position can trigger the kind of pains you describe! I use foam cushions to prop myself in the best position I can find, and use ice packs if it gets really bad. I've never tried gabapentin, but have found that if I get my overall flare to calm down, that nighttime pain decreases.

I hope you find something that helps 🤞

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back