Hip, rib and pelvic pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya, I used to get these in my first year. However they weren't distributed evenly or symmetrically. Most were 'typical' parts of my body, that had always hurt more or less. (Most interesting one and a big sleep killer was my left collar bone which I'd broken along with a few ribs about 10 years earlier and hadn't had pain there for years.) Just that they together with the Ache were all triggered together. That's my explanation.
One by one, first osteopathy, then expert acupressure and stretching / exercises have got al these kinds of pains down,
Down means some of them come up again a bit, but I now usually know what kinds of exercise'll get them back down inside of minutes or hours. Those that are persistent my acupressurist can treat.
When I got them down as well as many other night time symptoms, I expected to be able to sleep better. Turned out no, since fibro I wake up any way. But it's a more pleasant awakening than in pain. Only way I can keep sleep break downs fairly well down usually is with a very high dose of passiflora, plus quite a bit of GABA with glutamine.
I personally wouldn't call these types of pain allodynia, by the way, I understand that to mean caused by a soft touch, while when lying on something I'd think is something more frequent. But praps that's my life and my body... Rather hyperalgesia?
But for my type of FM I actually don't subscribe to the central sensitization hypothesis including nociplastic pain which would involve allodynia and hyperalgesia, because I wouldn't think that physiotherapy can eliminate those kind of pain. May be wrong.
As I haven't ever been able to manage my overall flare since it started except by this physiotherapy and supps, I doubt I'd have ever got to calm them down without this, but I don't know....
Similar to Jemima I used various pillows & cushions. My body doesn't like cold locally for a longer period, but short cold washes or showers helped. Now for neck & elbow pain (which again is independent of flares, and has got better but keeps cropping up) I use arnica cream and short stretching exercises at night, and in the daytime do stretching and for my neck also muscle tensing exercises (pressing head against hand - looks bonkers... but I'm beyond caring about where I do my exercises 😜).

Edit: One of the first changes after trigger hunting was getting a thin soft topper for the hard mattress I need for certain parts of my back. Then a lambskin under pelvis & thighs, the most painful parts then.
The stretching exercises I do not only when the pain starts, but before, e.g. twisting my elbows a bit while I'm up anyway.
And I've got myself used to lying in 6 certain positions to prevent or reduce the pain happening, like arching my back, and especially twist-stretching, which I need to do most of the time. I need to regularly change these positions, not too often, just a certain rhythm.
For some of the pains I learnt the trigger points I need to press to reduce it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back