Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2015
Country
US
State
or
I'm New here. I've been suffering since my almost 6 year old was born. Was diagnosed with Fibro in October. Just feeling overwhelmed with the holidays. I'm exhausted even though I've had 2.5 days off work. My house is the biggest mess ever and I'm trying to see through the fog enough to enjoy the time with my daughters, who ate 5 and 6. I started Lurica 10 days ago and have been terribly grumpy on it. Anyone where struggling with the holidays?

Hi lunie74....i expect eveyone is struggling to different degrees.

Its a big challenge for you with little ones and it seems you are still a working mum too....so i admire you as i couldn'twork and am in bed most of the time.

Don't beat yourself up over the messy house or what you can't do right now. I know as women we feel responsible for and do all the housework and cooking but maybe there is a family member or husband if you are married who could help ease the pressure and take some of the weight off your shoulders and help you clean up over the next few days.

Explain to the people closet to you the impacts of the meds and try and get a breather and a lay down and do something alone if there is someone who could take the children off your hands for a couple of hours or half a day... do whatever you enjoy like read or listen to music and pamper yourself.....you deserve it because fibro is a non stop battle we are all fighting kind of alone in our heads and bodies.

TAKE CARE XX

Hi Lunie,

Any holiday or occasion is a big battle. I have learned not to do overdo it the day before and hope that "the day of the occasion" will be half decent. I have hired a house cleaner that comes in every other week. I went from doing the whole house in one day to taking up to a week because of my health not being able to do it the way I wanted to do (I am a little OCD when it comes to that). My kids are a little older but my youngest was 9 when I went off work but he was around 7 when this all started coming about and I didn't know what was going on. Don't worry about the house and if you do the advice from Willow is great. Or, hire someone to come once in a while to help you out. My husband has so much more to do now when I used to take care of everything and he doesn't mind. It is just the way it is. Take care and try to relax and think about how and who can make it easier for you and as a family. Sheri

You both sound like lovely ladies it is a shame we aren't all WELL enough to meet up somewhere cosy for a quiet get together x

lunie 74,

I understand how you feel! willow and Blueeyes are right, is there someone you can get help from, or hire? I have a wonderful 19 yr. old gal from church who helps me out. My husband at first said he would help, not wanting to spend the money but when he had to do some things he relented and now I get it done-mostly- the way I want it. I have released the rest.

Are you doing other things to help yourself while you wait for the Lyrica to kick in? Hot showers/baths or heating pad? Have you had your vitamin D checked? It's a simple blood test but you have to ask your doc for it. Low D-which is common with FM, can make you hurt more. but it's also helpful in many other ways as well. How about magnesium malate? It helps relax muscles and the malate helps absorption. B-complex helps with energy and Recently I have discovered D-ribose. I can tell when I have forgotten to take it. It also helps with energy. Are you getting regular sleep? You may have to take something for it, Melatonin or something else. Sleep is incredibly important. Drink lots of water, so important! Also I read everything I could get my hands on, much of it from the library. You need to be involved with your treatment.

I hope I have helped. It is trial and error as we are all so different. When overwhelmed I pray, read, or do something else to distract myself from it all or depression-for me- sets in. Hug those precious daughters!

Thank you so much for your kind responses. My mom lives in our basement and she helps quite a bit but I don't think she our my husband quite understand my struggle. As for him, he's a hard worker but no amount of begging gets him to help much around the house. It's just a never ending battle with the kids and work. I've been at a job since August which I sit allthe time. I put in my notice to go back to teaching at head start. Although it is also physically hard, I love it enough to deal with it. Not working isn't an option, and we don't make enough to hire help. I am in lots of vitamin d. I am also on cymbalta which helps a lot and I take norco for pain and tizanadine. I try to get enough sleep but that's been hard lately. Lots of leg pain and headaches in the middle of the night.

Maybe you could show your husband and your mum our replies or anything else you can find on the web describing accurately how you feel and how your fibro affects you.Its hard for them to understand. My family don't they just think of when they get aches and pains and think its the same! x

Uh oh,,,be sure and ask your dr. About side effects from lyrica. Or better yet check all side effects and have your family watch you closely. For myself I gained 30 lbs, I was dizzy, had reverse gate, and lost balance to the point of falling constantly. I'm not saYing everyone reacts that way, just becareful. Pay close attention to your mind and body. God bless and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back