Not open for further replies.

Judy Ann

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/1998
Country
US
Now that it's over I can't function mentally or physically. Everything is overwhelming and painful! Bed and heat is all I can handle!

Well, you're not alone.
The thing I always keep in mind is that I have to ration my energy. I am not of course in control of what my energy levels do so it's not always simple by any means. (That's why I really dislike the "spoons theory" thing, which seems silly to the point of being stupid to me, but if it works for you, use it.) I always look at what needs to be done first, then what I want to do, and I try to ration my energy and time so that I never reach the point of being completely overwhelmed and exhausted.

Of course, sometimes I get exhausted anyway because something I thought would not exhaust me, does. But the important thing is to take care of yourself and do what your body needs. So if all you can do is bed and heat for a day, then let yourself have that if you can.

I understand the holidays are draining for me also, so many people to talk to so much noise so much to do it's exhausting just participating then add cooking too it and clean up. I agree with sunkacola you have to give your body what it needs so don't feel bad. The weather here has been swinging I've been stuck in bed all week mainly sleeping all day which gets depressing but it's something I can't control and I just have to wait for it to pass. Fibro forces me to put myself first otherwise your just down longer. Things will get better hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back