Not open for further replies.

Badger

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2001
Country
UK
About ten years ago with the help of a friend I set up a 5.1 home cinema in the back room. I guess it's the closest thing I have to a hobby and certainly appreciate it now I'm worse. It's great being able to watch a movie with a friend and a drink. I did start to learn origami during the summer and managed to make a few things but it was hurting my hands so I've taken a break.

Upgraded the TV to a 55" OLED along with my Blu-ray player. Picture quality has been impressive. Recommended movies that come to mind: Drive, Cold in July, Bone Tomahawk, Mandy, Joker

TV Shows: Breaking Bad, Band of Brothers, Black Mirror, Dark, The Expanse

Ooh, interesting recommendations there - I haven't seen most of them... 👀

Loved Black Mirror so far. Drive is one of my absolute favourite films! I adore Nicholas Winding Refn, although his other films are a little more off the wall. Bronson was epic!

If you're a Netflix shows aficionado, I recommend Maniac, Russian Doll, Sons of Anarchy, and Peaky Blinders. Sadly, my brain has turned to mush at this point of the evening, so I can't think of films - will come back on that. Nothing like a bit of cinematic fantasy to get us up and out of ourselves!

Glad to hear of another fan of Refn's work, Drive is in my top ten, excellent soundtrack. I enjoyed Russian Doll, the kooky, sardonic main character is great. I've been meaning to catch up on Peaky Blinders. Watched the 4th series when it was on and started from the beginning a while ago but didn't get round to finishing.

ooooh. Breaking bad. the very best serial ever made! I don't have television, but I checked out the DVDs from the library and binge watched it. Then I bought the entire set of all six seasons and have watched it again.
Have you also seen Better Call Saul? Believe it or not, it's just as good as Breaking Bad.

ooooh. Breaking bad. the very best serial ever made! I don't have television, but I checked out the DVDs from the library and binge watched it. Then I bought the entire set of all six seasons and have watched it again.
Have you also seen Better Call Saul? Believe it or not, it's just as good as Breaking Bad.
I've seen some of Better Caul Saul, Mike is good in it as the gruff ex cop. I thought Brian Cranston was brilliant as Walter White, there's such a change in his character through the show. In the DVD extras of the final season there's a great reading of the poem Ozymandias by Cranston which rings true of Walter.

I've seen some of Better Caul Saul, Mike is good in it as the gruff ex cop. I thought Brian Cranston was brilliant as Walter White, there's such a change in his character through the show. In the DVD extras of the final season there's a great reading of the poem Ozymandias by Cranston which rings true of Walter.
I started watching Breaking Bad and then got sidetracked - I should really go back to it. Brian Cranston is a living legend.

I started watching Breaking Bad and then got sidetracked - I should really go back to it. Brian Cranston is a living legend.
Every single character in that series is amazingly portrayed. The whole thing is a masterpiece. They manage to make it serious, touching, hilarious, and highly entertaining. I highly recommend watching all of the Bonus features, because they are just as entertaining. They often show how they accomplished a certain effect, and the precision to which the director created everything authentically is impressive.

There's some great humour in the first season, such as the body in the bathtub, it had an excellent cast and soundtrack. German Sci-Fi mystery Dark on Netflix has been one of the best I've seen in years. Certainly a dark atmosphere, it gets complicated but draws you in and has a wonderful soundtrack..

It should probably be in the venting section but people not using the right picture settings is such a waste. Manufacturers don't help with needless defaults and confusing advertising. Getting any TV set up correctly makes a difference, here's an excellent resource with a simple guide

Last edited by a moderator:
Devastated to find out series 7 is the last, of Grace & Frankie.. & we've got to wait till 2022 for the last episodes. :poop:

Devastated to find out series 7 is the last, of Grace & Frankie.. & we've got to wait till 2022 for the last episodes. :poop:
It's a shame isn't it! I adore Jane Fonda and the show is so lifting - just what the world needs more of these days.

It should probably be in the venting section but people not using the right picture settings is such a waste. Manufacturers don't help with needless defaults and confusing advertising. Getting any TV set up correctly makes a difference, here's an excellent resource with a simple guide
Remember that outside links are not permitted in this forum. I removed the link for this reason.

The Card Counter - Netflix, excellent movie with a soundtrack that reminded me of Drive.

Dune - Excellent movie with fantastic design and a great cast. The director has made some of the best movies from the last ten years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back