Not open for further replies.

nhsososo4

Diagnosis
06/1995
Country
RSA
State
Western Cape
Recently people have been turning towards the use of home remedies in trying to minimize or even cure fibromyalgia. Several treatments have been tried such as herbs, supplements, and alternative treatments, for relief of fibromyalgia symptoms but none have cured but at least assisted minimizing the symptoms.

Medical doctors have been trying for ages to find a cure, which one do you think is best in minimizing the severity of the disorder. Doctors medications tend to require a strict plan and can be time consuming. Is it better then to be on home remedies than doctors medications and why?

This is a personal choice. I tend to think that having doctors working with you is a plus. I use some herbal remedies for some pain relief, but tend to stick with the drugs that help me more. Some people prefer the home remedies for natural health reasons and choices. Sometimes for some people these things work better for them.

But I need the drugs my doctors order for me to manage all my health problems, as well as, fibro. Without them my pain would rule my life. This is the way I feel about this subject, but lets let everyone add their opinions on this very good question. :)

I come from a naturalist background and have tried every natural 'remedy' out there. Some alone and in combinations. I wish I had back all the money I spent. I think a lot of them are scams and the people behind them should be ashamed of themselves. I have been left with two choices. Suffer and let this thing rule my life or take the meds the doc orders and attempt some sense of normalcy. I've chosen the latter.

I'm trying to stay away from pain meds, I was diagnosed with fibro back in 2011, but... I still can't accept this is true. I have no arthritis either; I was checked by a really good rheumatologist! So right now I'm trying to keep it natural, I use marijuana for the pain and also to calm my nerves. It has help me greatly with the pain and my lack of appetite, I convine all this with a good vitamin B complex and I swear I'm in heaven, lol. Some drugs work well, but I prefer to stay away from meds for now; the side effects are too much for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back