DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
VA
Some background info:

Since I was about 17 I've had pain in my ankles, especially during bad weather. I've also had trouble sleeping at night and staying awake during the day. I am now 30 and I still have ankle pain but now it's also in my hand joints, wrists and elbows. I also get neck and back pain. It's always worse when there is going to be a storm that day. I've been tested for RA and the tests came back negative but my doctor is sending me to a rheumatologist. Does this sound like fibromyalgia? That's what my doctor thinks it is, I was just wondering if someone who has it could tell me if this sounds like it. I will also say the pain is excruciating, I cannot do anything that day other than cope with pain when it gets bad. Also, I have several family members, including my sister, who deal with pain like this as well.

It sounds like it could be Fibro but it is good to rule out other conditions that can cause similar symptoms. Pain is a key factor with fibro but it can be caused by other things too. So far I have seen many that had numerous tests, myself included, before being diagnosed with Fibro. Here you will see what others have experienced etc. Good place to vent, share and get information.

Could be fibro but it sounds as if it could just as easily be arthritis in some form. I would get a second opinion on RA from another doctor if you can.

I guess seeing a rheumatologist is a good idea then. I hope they call me soon.

I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and just the past few days I started having pains in both my ankles. It also feels like a burning sensation. My legs feel stiff and my ankles are also swollen. I was questioning myself if it can be another underlying cause. I will call my rheumatologist tomorrow to book an appointment. I am a little worried as it’s the first time I experience pain like this in my ankles.

Good news! I got an appointment with a rheumatologist on Friday next week!!

Whelp. She diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia. I guess I don’t need this thread anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back