Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2016
Country
CA
State
ON
Anyone else get steamy hot at night? For me it starts in the evening and once I go to bed it gets much, much worse. (lol, I'm realizing this sounds like a racey post :-D). Maybe it's because I'm not moving around, but my body temp seems to creep up in the evening, and then when I crawl into bed, I have to take a glass of ice with me and I always have an ice pack (one of those ones you put in a picnic cooler). I eat the ice while I'm reading and using my tens prior to sleep. Then I curl up with the ice pack (wrapped in a tea towel) on my head or stomach to keep my temp down. I still wake up sweaty and hot in the night. Is it an adrenal thing? Or is it maybe because I eat my largest meal at supper time and it's a digestion thing? It's not liek I eat a lot. Between sweating and hip pain, it's really hard to sleep.:cry:

i have it too..not as bad-can truly empathise with last line!

I have hot and cold flashes all the time and its one extreme to the other. I honestly don't know what causes it but I just try to adjust to the temp I feel comfortable with at the time even if it means going from one room to another every 5 min or blanket to no blanket. Its also hard for me to sleep with it too, sorry I don't have better advice just wanted to let you know you aren't alone.

I often wake up in the night cold because I've been sweating really badly & my pyjamas are soaking, lovely! I find it really difficult to regulate my temperature, I'm usually freezing or roasting, there's no in between :-x

I know, right? It's so attractive! Between the pillow fortress, the sweat and the face soaked in drool (another lovely thing I've started since fibro), I'm one attractive lady!!!!!

Lol marvis. I have missed this forum, someone always makes me smile, even on a bad day ��

I know, right? It's so attractive! Between the pillow fortress, the sweat and the face soaked in drool (another lovely thing I've started since fibro), I'm one attractive lady!!!!!

Lol !!! Sorry I don't mean to laugh but I felt your pains exactly the same way I used to drenched my self with night sweat even during winter ( while can't sweat during the day) , i used to go to sleep with ice packs too and still do during hot weather. I have lots of more heating problem do to my allodynia as well as some of minor cold flashes, but the heat horrifying me that much more cause it attack me at my least expected and I have to use cold shower and ice bath which are very painful btw. I've gotten better from excessive night sweating after spraying my self with baking soda solution or baking soda bath before I go to sleep, and adjusting my night time supplements doses. I've found that baking soda can help my skin burning heat sensation to much less painful do to their anti-inflammation property and ph balances. Don't get me wrong I still have some night sweating but much much less than before and don't felt as horrible waking up to it. But regrettably drooling can not be help :lol: I still sleep with towels on my pillow. Gosh! I used to have to shop for the most breathable pajamas and bed sheet , or blanket I couldn't find any. I ended up stitching thin colorful beach towels together untill it cover my whole bed and it actually turns out to works very well. Good for bed spreading sheet or blankets on the sweaty night and unpredictable hot/cold situations. Looks cool too. 8)

I know!! What's with the drooling!!! I keep thinking it's something I've eaten. I know if I have any sugar, it's worse. I keep trying to get back to the really crazy strict diet I was one a few years ago. It helped, but I'm so exhausted I just don't have the energy to maintain it. It took a lot of organization and extra prep work and involved double cooking as it involved things my family would never eat. I'm a pretty healthy eater, but I'm just too tired right now to deal. So drool away. How much baking soda to water do you use in your solution?

Lol! LOVE the beach towel idea, although I think my husband will think I'm crazy!! I've heard bamboo sheets help.

Well FYI Bamboo sheet still just sheets and it will get wet sensation regardless . OMG I must have bought about 3 bamboo bedding set online, included the bamboo charcoal fiber which btw felt kinda nice before you goes to sleep , but as far as waking up sweaty goes I was still in the pool of sweat and the bamboo sheet still felt damping and it stuck to my skin!! :mad: . So far nothing have yet to beat the beach towel blanket , I guess I've learned that when it comes to fibromyalgia you've gotta get creative and you don't have to do the whole bed if you share the bed ( cause sadly I stop sharing ) just made it for your self like a throw blanket size stitching 2 -3 beach towels ( or staples it if you in a hurry) . I love cooking but I can only cook on my good day which probably the highlight of my week but most of the time I just crawling around the house and peeking at the neighbors. As far as bath goes, I use somewhere around half cup of baking soda bath along with other bath products . Or just melt baking soda completely with hot water which I would say around 1 table spoon in 16oz bottle of water ,or Adjust it depend on how you like it once you start using. Store it in regular spray plastic bottle ( don't use fine mist bottle cause baking soda is too thick for that) to spray on when you feel the heats are coming before you start sweating. I added little peppermint extracted sometime when it gets really hot outside cause it's refreshing , and lavender during winter or better yet my favorite perfume cause it help foolling me to believe that my drooling can be somewhat attractive.8) like on the bumper sticker said " I'm still hot!! but it comes in flashes" :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I'll try that, Tipnatee. I've been putting lavender and baking soda on my pillow as a refresher and have been enjoying the scent, so I'll definitely try that. I think it would be soothing at bedtime. So far i'm not sweating enough that bed sheets are wet, just my hair gets soaked and my tshirt sticky. I've never been a sweaty person, though, which has sometimes been an issue -- I don't know if it's common for redheads, but I get overheated, and because I don't really sweat, there's no way to cool down.

I never sweat during heat while I'm awake my skin was on hypohidrosis reaction so dry I always panting like a dog during heat and needing cold shower or ice pack to cool off otherwise i'll go on hyperventilation and panic attack with vertigo very quicky its an insane frantic horrifying sensation like i'm about to being buring alive. However the weirdest thing is that the only time I'll ever sweat is only for nightsweat which was more like the symptoms that i gets from sleep anxiety do to my sleep disorders and mostly felt cold and very uncomfortable feeling waking up to it. It's like waking up to completely wetness and drench all over my body from head to toes and not sure where it came from. Kinda like the sensation that someone had spray or splash me with a bucket of water just to wake me up. That's how wet it was for me. But only thing that felt any different than the water drench cold-sweat was the sticky drool on the side of my face, so much my mouth dried up after i'm awake. :oops: baking soda always help my skin to get somewhat a relieve when it comes to the heat problem . Sometime peppermint , eucalyptus , or menthol, mixing them together with baking soda and you can get a quick chill . Oh I almost forgot about the ice gel in sport section, and also there are instant cool body powder selling from many different hot region zone countries that works really well with exotic refreshing smell. ;) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back