Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2020
Country
CA
State
BC
Has anyone used a hot tub for relief? Our bathtub is tiny so I am trying to think of other options. Curious if it would be worth the cost??

Hot showers help me sometimes. I never take baths or use hot tubs, but I would think that since heat helps many people with pain it might help. Try it at a friend's before putting one in, though.

Heat can be OK for me, but is often too much, like cold also, 3 mins is more than enough. So I'd also test it at friends or in a hotel etc. when possible.. Otherwise stay with hot showering. My wife sits in our shower basin (25cm). (Additionally my dry skin often can't take much more than 10 mins., but that's me.)

If you don't have the money for a hot tub, try turning up your water heater. The water comes out of the tap at my house at 112 degrees and the bath water is 107 degrees. When I am hurting badly, I put Epson Salt in the bath water when I take a soak. I also have a hot tub but since I can't put Epson Salt in it, I use it mostly in the winter when my shoulder blades can't handle it anymore. I am the only one that uses the hot tub at our house. It was a splurge but got me through my last 2 years of working so in that aspect it was worth the money.

A female colleague of mine with fibro & cfs who doesn't want to try cold, has bought an infrared-chamber for at home, which helps her.

Has anyone used a hot tub for relief? Our bathtub is tiny so I am trying to think of other options. Curious if it would be worth the cost??
Hi there -we have a hot tub and it does help me - just be balanced and stay in for short spurts - I have terrible pain in my thighs and ankles and I do notice relief

Hot tub is surely a relief but if you don't have the budget for one, a hot shower is okay as well. If it makes you more comfortable, you could sit and soak your feet in warm water as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back