Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2015
Country
US
State
SC
When taking a shower sometimes I get so fatigued and dizzy that I have to sit down.. I feel almost as if I'm going to pass out.. Does this happen to any of y'all?

Hey hippiechick91 thanks for your reply on my other post!

I feel the exact same way every time I take a shower too! It's like I need a bench or a stool to take breaks, also my arms get very weak while shampooing that i usually have to stop mid shampoo to let them rest, but as soon as I'm back with my arms above my head I start to feel the weakeness and pain in my arm! Your definitely not alone on this !

Hope your feeling better!

Hi there, me too. I have a seat in my shower now because I've fallen a number of times from dizziness and fatigue. I'm not sure why this happens, but I also have big drops in blood pressure when I stand up too quickly. Maybe its related. Sometimes it feels like fibro just likes to mess with you.

Hi there Hippiechick91.
I too know how you feel. Once I'm done with my shower I have to sit down and dry myself off. I feel like I've run a marathon. I've gone from 15 minute showers to about 30 or so minutes. Its even more fun towel drying my hair. I also have a shower chair and it helps.
Its amazing how one can go from doing everything without thinking about it, to figuring out what you have the energy to do.
I hope you have a lot of good days.
Gentle hugs
Patti

A shower one thing I do look forward to.
Nice and hot helps my neck.maybe your having your showers to hot and that's draining u ?

I always have to turn the shower water super cold and sit in the tub for a few minutes before continuing! I feel you!

I agree with you, Forgetmenot, my shower is my friend. When days are bad, I take a lot of short hot showers.

Same here. I have long thick hair too, absolutely exhausted after washing! I sit in the shower and curl up in a ball.

i wish i could feel the same about a shower. that EMG machine really messed up my head with the stainless in the cap.

to this day(almost one year later) it still hurts to have the water hit my head. i too have very long hair in a pony tail almost to the middle of my back now.
i cry in they shower most times so i do understand where you are all coming from.
no pitty party here. just how my life is now. live and learn.

I always have to sit in the shower now. I just feel so weak and it can be tiring to wash my long hair too. Hot baths are my best relief when I'm having a bad day. I take a hot bath before bed almost every night to help me sleep. I take one as soon as I get up now too to relieve the stiffness a bit before I get moving.

Hot showers help reduce my pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back