How are you today?

4 years wait!!! (Harpy, that's awful), you've got just over a week now. Good luck! 🍀 🤗🍀

saw my GP yesterday... TSH was up a little from the last test, despite a meds increase... thyroid meds have been increased again and will be tested again in 8 weeks.. vitamin levels are doing slightly better, but still have a ways to go, so we continue with the constant pills... oh boy.
She actually prescribed a mega dose Vit D to be taken once a week, and I am to double my Iron supp as well..

Also have a referral in to gastro/intestinal to be checked for small intestine bacterial overgrowth (aka SIBO) as i have some of the symptoms... at the very least, it is something to rule out...

otherwise, just taking things day by day and hoping they are not too bad

saw my GP yesterday... TSH was up a little from the last test, despite a meds increase... thyroid meds have been increased again and will be tested again in 8 weeks.. vitamin levels are doing slightly better, but still have a ways to go, so we continue with the constant pills... oh boy.
She actually prescribed a mega dose Vit D to be taken once a week, and I am to double my Iron supp as well..

Also have a referral in to gastro/intestinal to be checked for small intestine bacterial overgrowth (aka SIBO) as i have some of the symptoms... at the very least, it is something to rule out...

otherwise, just taking things day by day and hoping they are not too bad
That is so frustrating!! I hope the next increase helps(and with little or no unpleasant side effects). The constant life of pills whether they be supplements or prescribed medications are such a struggle, its one of the things that healthy people dont really think of as being one of the aspects we deal with(in my experience)

yeah, my desk top looks like a pharmacy counter, so many supplements and prescriptions.. it is kind of depressing, really.

sigh oh well, one day at a time, right?

yeah, my desk top looks like a pharmacy counter, so many supplements and prescriptions.. it is kind of depressing, really.

sigh oh well, one day at a time, right?
It is a tad depressing, i try to keep reminding myself and keeping in my mind 'how much worse i would feel if i didnt take this or that'
But we are human and we are always going to have days where its all a bit much and a touch depressing.
One day at a time is exactly right 🙌 and enjoy and celebrate the tiny victories and successes no matter how small 😁

Hehe, this is actually the way I've re-thought this for myself, however haven't seen it as depressing.
I've "totally" re-arranged and "de-cluttered" my room incl. my desk top. Ironic, cos I've always kept it minimized anyway, kept any papers "away" or hidden, and decoration is mainly 20 paintings.
So my desk top is actually a bar table, which I spent my last working years on able to stand most of the time. And this is definitely outdated, as first fibro floored me and getting up each of the jabs.
So I freed it completely. But then my smaller side table with my "lab" was "too much" and I decided to rid that, put the tubs in shelves and get my "lab" when necessary out on my "work table". And what better way to express it: My health, my body, "I", my self-care, is my workplace. At last. Long overdue.
This is a positive to me, and no sense for me in seeing it any differently: I choose the upward spiral.
i try to keep reminding myself and keeping in my mind 'how much worse i would feel if i didnt take this or that'
But that's the other side, but I totally agree, hope, we do need to remind ourselves and each other, help ourselves and each other up, and that one's a good trick for this.
I do 100s of things per day to get to be "OK, as long as I don't move and have enough to keep my mind occupied". Which looks like sweet f... nothing for others, but the world to me. However hardly any one of these things can I miss for more than a day without being harshly reprimanded to get back on the job quick. A good down to earth job and reprimand and gets me to get things done...
Our black dog that ghost(light)s us to stop us doing what is good for us needs to be kept in place and down and behave
by keeping our eyes on the light, or putting them back there when they stray, as they like to do as long as we haven't found enough nourishment for the light, increasing and collecting the sparks of happiness, just enjoying consciously each sensation, each colour, each smell, each thing we recognize and like.

But that's the other side, but I totally agree, hope, we do need to remind ourselves and each other, help ourselves and each other up, and that one's a good trick for this.
I do 100s of things per day to get to be "OK, as long as I don't move and have enough to keep my mind occupied". Which looks like sweet f... nothing for others, but the world to me. However hardly any one of these things can I miss for more than a day without being harshly reprimanded to get back on the job quick. A good down to earth job and reprimand and gets me to get things done...
It's our black dog that ghost(light)s us to stop us doing what is good for us and he needs to be kept in place and down and behave by keeping our eyes on the light, or putting them back there when they stray, as they like to do.
For me, reminding myself that 'if i dont do this or that i will be so much worse' or 'yes im really sick right now but it could be so much worse' or 'there are so many out there worse off/sicker than i am' for me these are my inner statements that keeps me thinking on my situation in a more positive way rather than dwelling and then getting depressed.
I still have those depressed down in the dumps days but its easier for me to pull myself out of that whole and quicker.

And you are so right in that to others it may appear as though 'we arent doing much/anything' or 'we havent achieved much/anything' when, for us fibromites every single thing is an achievement and its so important to acknowledge the energy/effort/time that those achievements took. Others may not celebrate those small achievements but they are worth celebrating imo 🙌

for me these are my inner statements that keeps me thinking on my situation in a more positive way rather than dwelling and then getting depressed
Yeah, 3 good examples. And of course anyone can take any of them and say "yeah, but".
On the other hand, yours are all 3 comparisons to "worse", so are definitely holding against our more usual envious comparisons to "better".

It's hard to find perfect ones, we just have to find our faves plus adapt them to how we're feeling.
Also, together we can try to find and keep repeating the best
like cookiebaker does in her sig: "Pain is inevitable, but misery is an option".
and find ways to install them in everyday life.
Like the problem with a sig or any memo is we read it the first couple of times, nod, use, and then slowly overlook it more and more. When people have the time to change their sigs that helps.
I like people to prompt, prod or even kick me, that's usually better than my own memos, but only if they know what to prompt me with.
Someone I know is seeing I'm doing a lot and reminding me of self-care.
She's not my wife, and it's better, cos it's harder to listen to my wife and for her to remember to remind.

This bit is digressing from motivational self-care to prioritization self-care:
So I'll be asking her to remind me whenever she wants to that my problem is not my work load it's my evening schedule. My body and mind start revving up (which is normal the sleep experts say) so I should be taking my prepared supps (I start that in the evenings) incl. my sleep stuff.
But like yesterday I started feeling good at 5, so was well up to a work-type phone call 30' after 6, which would have been fine if that hadn't been directly followed by a long 50' phone call with a mate and then finish with an overdue phone call with my son. All manageable. But all the ideas in my head put me had to get out and I did & took my supps 2-3 hours late once again, not good for sleep. So I'm going to install something for this incl. asking that person to remind me on occasion....

So, back to positive affirmations: lets keep sharing our faves here....

Verywellhealth has this list of 25 and I use all of them. Each of them seems ridiculously self-evident, it only takes on meaning for us when we give it meaning for us:
  1. I am a strong, capable person
  2. I have done difficult things in the past, and I can do them again
  3. I have experienced challenges in the past, and I am more resilient because of this
  4. I am allowed to feel upset, angry, and sad sometimes—that’s part of being human
  5. My personal boundaries are important and I’m allowed to express my needs to others
  6. “No” is a complete sentence and I don’t have to explain or justify my boundaries
  7. I am allowed to feel good and to experience pleasure in life
  8. I am worthy of receiving good things and of accomplishing my goals in life
  9. The past is the past, and my past doesn’t predict my future
  10. I forgive myself for mistakes I made and I refuse to hold them against myself
  11. I am allowed to take up space, to have desires, and to have a voice
  12. I don’t have to give up my hopes and dreams
  13. All this hard work I am putting into achieving my goals will pay off
  14. I am capable of making healthy choices
  15. I know my worth
  16. I deserve to be loved and to love others
  17. Growth is sometimes bumpy and isn’t always linear, but I will stay the course
  18. Healing is within reach for me {we need to specify mental healing of course}
  19. I love my body, my mind, my dreams, and my goals
  20. Negative thoughts do not serve me anymore
  21. I will surround myself by people who love and support me unconditionally
  22. I accept myself for who I am
  23. With positive thoughts and self-confidence, I will be unstoppable
  24. I am proud of myself and will continue to strive to do well
  25. Today I will do my best
#11 and #19 are the ones I've need to work at most consciously.
#11 was decades ago, #19 is ongoing but at last succeeding.
I don't know if anyone can relate to 11 "I am allowed to take up space". I had to realize I had to "take my stand", strongly feeling both feet on the floor, to not let myself be swept over by others.
Essentially I repeated and deepened this, when I learnt to "take my stand" above any "abyss", i.e. any height above 3 yards. This inner image I could then transfer to many other social situations (photos, gigs...) as well as my bad memories and worries about the future. Birthdays still ain't easy - my own "doesn't exist". There's #19 still down the drain, waiting to be dragged out struggling, probably too much for this lifetime, and no longer necessary.

I like finding phrases that 'always fit', cos they include the others. In this case praps something like "Yes, we can" or "yes, I can", anyone got anything better?

Last edited:
Yeah, 3 good examples. And of course anyone can take any of them and say "yeah, but".
On the other hand, yours are all 3 comparisons to "worse", so are definitely holding against our more usual envious comparisons to "better".
I can certainly see how my examples can be taken as a negative statement, and my approach/thoughts aren't for everyone. But for me these statements work and keep in my mind that whilst i feel horrendous right now i need to be greatful that it isnt worse than it is, and take that as a small victory.
I am not a spiritual kind of person, or someone who is into the mind body connection(i can see the benefit that this has for others and they can find meaning in it). I personally dont find that statements or exercises of that nature resonate or work for me personally
My approach and views are not for everyone but for me they work, which is the biggest thing of importance i feel for all of us is to find the things that work for each of us and work with/on that

"Forgive yourself for what could not be achieved today and try again tomorrow."
"In life we either win or learn."
A couple of things that came up in an interview with singer Maynard James Keenan who has had an interesting life. @hope23 reminded me of some philosophy podcasts that spoke of shifting perspective in reminding us life could be worse. However we may feel more comfort with other approaches that could still help our perspective and give a sense of stability. In grief, as a atheist, I remind myself that while a loved ones life may end, it can never be undone.

"Forgive yourself for what could not be achieved today and try again tomorrow."
"In life we either win or learn."
A couple of things that came up in an interview with singer Maynard James Keenan who has had an interesting life. @hope23 reminded me of some philosophy podcasts that spoke of shifting perspective in reminding us life could be worse. However we may feel more comfort with other approaches that could still help our perspective and give a sense of stability. In grief, as a atheist, I remind myself that while a loved ones life may end, it can never be undone.
Hi @Badger
I would also identify as an atheist, that end idea/quote is beautiful (the top two also) Another i love(so much so its tattooed across my ribs, theres a lot of meaning and a story behind this) 'dont ever regret growing older its a privilege denied to many' for me this reminds me that whilst i feel crappy today, i am still alive and that is a win in itself
I have not had much in the way of support or people to rely on in my life since very young(11-12 years old). Ive only had myself i could rely on to always be there. So for me reminding myself it could be worse and to appreciate that it isnt is something that works/resonates for me personally

Well i am having myself a little celebration, appreciating the small wins, waking up this morning i wouldnt say i feel 'good' but i feel better than i have every morning for the past month
I guess i feel tenderised rather than like ive been flattened and pulverised by a steam roller and then hit by a freight train for good measure 🤔

👏🙌

That is a wonderful quote you have have tattooed hope, it would be easy for one to become resentful through lack of support, but it sounds like you have looked towards becoming resourceful and philosophical. It's good to hear that you are not feeling as bad as you might have lately 👍

That is a wonderful quote you have have tattooed hope, it would be easy for one to become resentful through lack of support, but it sounds like you have looked towards becoming resourceful and philosophical. It's good to hear that you are not feeling as bad as you might have lately 👍
It means a lot to me, i got it for myself but also for a very special lady who for all intents and purposes became my mum(because my own stopped at 11-12, she remarried and had a nice new shiny family that i didnt fit into, for context i had been planning my wedding(didnt go ahead but still) and i took my mum aside and said 'mum on my wedding day itd be nice if you could be there for ME as my mum on my wedding day' to which her response was 'of course but youve got to remember ive got two young children(10 & 8 at the time)' dont you also have a husband 🤔) anyhow this amazing lady passed away at 36 years old of cancer, on the 26th of feb she had been gone 9 years.

Resentment wont achieve anything, nor can it change the past, you have to work with the hand youve been dealt and i choose to not let it break me, i choose to be my own support and strength

@Badger i should also add, im not perfect, im not always strong, there are times when i resent how strong i have had to be to survive but the resenting times are few and far between. My mother will never see that she did anything wrong or acknowledge it, and therefore dwelling on it is a waste of my very precious time and energy. I also know that my younger brother and sister and not to blame for my mums choices, i have a good relationship with my younger siblings but its more as a mother figure as opposed to a sister one.

Back