How are you today?

Getting down there is easy enough, its getting back up again that does me in
😁 Well actually getting down the way I've learnt to do it without hurting myself or using too much energy isn't that "easy" - one way would be to straddle my feet lengthwise, put both hands on my right knee take the left foot back a bit and ease or drop my left knee down.
On the way back up again various techniques, depending: Of course using any support that's near, but putting my hands on my knuckles like a (silverback...) gorilla (a common "walking" position of mine too), then either again via one knee, or both feet back and stretching both legs, then bringing my hands towards the feet, moving them up my legs to my knees, and then jolt-throw my torso up. And you?

Hope, i find both a challenge 😄

Silverback, that got me 😄 yep nearby support (always a good thing) 👍🏻

Silverback, that got me
Yeah, sort of puts a touch of pride on something that is probably totally embarrassing.
But I'm far beyond thinking anything I do for my body embarrassing any more, don't care who's reading, who's looking or where I am...
Doesn't mean all my social phobia residues are gone, but those definitely are.
There's even something a little aggressive inside me (ah, silverback) saying: "You gonna tell me that anything I do to keep my symptoms down is something I shouldn't do in public?"
So to get to my favourite almond milk on the bottom shelf (3 1L/33oz. tetrapaks a day means I have to do this a lot), I slide down a shelf and kneel on the shop floor as it's easier for me. I'd sit too, if that wouldn't take a minute longer to get up again (saw a shop assistant doing that the other day too, had to praise him for that and we had a good laugh). Thankfully they've told me I can just directly put them into a bag (like 4-5kg apples too). That considerably speeds up the checkout process. And makes transport in the shop easier, cos somehow I don't like bungling around with getting the big trolleys undone and done, not sure why exactly, prefer the hand trolleys, even tho my wife if she's with me gets us the big ones. I used to love charging around with the big trolleys, spinning them, braking just in time etc., but also hated them for smacking into my shins. Now I do usually take them if one is already undone, so it may just be I hate having to get a coin out to undo it?

Trying to get back up can take you by suprise. After a whiplash injury I used to climb down on my knees for tasks such as loading the washing machine instead of leaning over. Following hamstring injuries I rarely climb down and sometimes sometimes lean over or use long handled tools. On the occasion I do climb down to the floor it's a struggle getting back up and causes legs to flare up. I had to laugh a few years ago, it was the first time in a long time that I climb down to the floor, on trying to get back up I thought 'oh crap I'm stuck!'. My body felt so heavy and sore. 😅🥲

For me at the moment my knees are the biggest hurdle getting up off the floor, getting down i can do a 'graceful' collapse or bellyflop if you prefer and then manoeuvre from there 🤣🤣

How is everyone doing today?

Im trying to get in to the habit of starting my week off on the best/positive note i can, and for me that means self care but also checking in on the people around me 😊

Ive been in a bit of a hole and trying to get myself out of it 😊

I'm feeling it after doing too much yesterday, hamstrings are quite painful. Hopefully the CBD cream I ordered to try for elbow pain will help. @hope23 all the best for a kinder and more positive week. It sounds like a good habit looking forward with a positive mindset.

I'm feeling it after doing too much yesterday, hamstrings are quite painful. Hopefully the CBD cream I ordered to try for elbow pain will help. @hope23 all the best for a kinder and more positive week. It sounds like a good habit looking forward with a positive mindset.
Its so bloody hard not to over do it sometimes, fingers crossed the cream helps 🤞
Im just trying to stop myself getting into the monday funk, trying to start off on a good note in hopes this will help with the rest of my week

Hi all, I hope your week has not been to rough so far. My CBD cream arrived on Monday, unfortunately it caused a burning sensation. Seem to remember it happening with shell fish cream too. Must have a very irritable nervous system. I'm going to spend more time with Yoga Nidra / non sleep, deep rest exercises this week.

Back