How are you today?

Bit of a shock today at my GP's - for the hurting nipple swelling, he's sending me to a surgeon, if necessary would you believe it to a gynaecologist! Cos of the cough he's sending me to get a lung X-ray. And cos of my night sweats, loss of appetite and weight, and all the other weird stuff that's been coming on he doesn't think that's my CoV at all, he's sending me to oncology / haematology. For starters.
I was planning on doing more in the garden, but I was getting too feverish too quickly, so as always I come here to lick my wounds... 🐻 May be bad going to bed sometimes, but somehow it's a kind of home and there's a lot worse reasons for not going to bed in time than writing to people talking to me....
Doesn't mean I'm worrying much, altho I know when my wife hears it, she'll be glad that I went, like she said, but she'll be a-worrying too much (which is bad for both of us). To me my experience is they hardly ever find anything, so they won't find anything this time either, it's just a check, and as long as they can't prove anything or can't find a web explanation that helps, I fully assume I have nothing.
I spose that's one way I've learnt to channel and multiply my drive, come to think of it: Not worrying.
But the ton of new symptoms with no explanation so far is a little unsettling, despite all my workarounds.

Are you allergic, @Badger? (I've never heard of shell fish cream before!)
⛱️ 🦞 ⛱️

Last edited:
Oh Jay, you're going to oncology (lots of new horrible symptoms). Your good dr is sending you to everyone he thinks will help, gaenycoligy shocked me though (good luck with it) 👍🏻🍀💚

I'm ok , a bit stressed for next Monday. (The dr that did my operation is gonna tell me if they got everything or if I need another one) I don't want another one like that one, but there we are 🌺🧚🏼‍♀️🌺

Last edited:
Hi all, I hope your week has not been to rough so far. My CBD cream arrived on Monday, unfortunately it caused a burning sensation. Seem to remember it happening with shell fish cream too. Must have a very irritable nervous system. I'm going to spend more time with Yoga Nidra / non sleep, deep rest exercises this week.
Sorry to hear you’re having a reaction to the CBD cream. Is there another type of cream you could use. Our chemist gave me a magnesium cream for my mom and I put it on her shoulder to shoulder. She gets a fair bit of relief for a few hours.

I'll have a look at magnesium cream, my right elbow is still tight and painful after using anti-inflammatory gel for a fortnight. It would be great if something could help the other awful pains such as my hamstrings.

Bit of a shock today at my GP's - for the hurting nipple swelling, he's sending me to a surgeon, if necessary would you believe it to a gynaecologist! Cos of the cough he's sending me to get a lung X-ray. And cos of my night sweats, loss of appetite and weight, and all the other weird stuff that's been coming on he doesn't think that's my CoV at all, he's sending me to oncology / haematology. For starters.
I was planning on doing more in the garden, but I was getting too feverish too quickly, so as always I come here to lick my wounds... 🐻 May be bad going to bed sometimes, but somehow it's a kind of home and there's a lot worse reasons for not going to bed in time than writing to people talking to me....
Doesn't mean I'm worrying much, altho I know when my wife hears it, she'll be glad that I went, like she said, but she'll be a-worrying too much (which is bad for both of us). To me my experience is they hardly ever find anything, so they won't find anything this time either, it's just a check, and as long as they can't prove anything or can't find a web explanation that helps, I fully assume I have nothing.
I spose that's one way I've learnt to channel and multiply my drive, come to think of it: Not worrying.
But the ton of new symptoms with no explanation so far is a little unsettling, despite all my workarounds.
JayCS, sounds like you’ve got a good dr there. Got a lot of bases covered at once.
My original gp was the same. On the ball , test this, more bloods, scan that.
In December ‘09 to April ‘10 I had lost 24 kg. My first taste a real bone aching fatigue. No appetite. Migraines, ect. I’d get home from work and curl up in a ball and that’s where I’d stay. My kids were all still living at home then. They’d get home and say what’s wrong? Why are you laying down? At this stage I thought I was dying. No one was aloud to leave me unless I had kisses and cuddles to say goodbye.
The tests id have wore me out even more. Got to a gastroenterologist I was sent to and he told me “ I will treat you like one of my cancer patients. To his words he did. Within two weeks I had More scans, bloods, endoscopy and colonoscopy ect… go back mid May ‘10 and that’s when I was told I was positive coeliac. I have had my fair share of the big C . I’d rather get over tested and come out with an answer . Just keep yourself busy when your body allows movement or your keep your brain occupied if your having a flare. Hugs for you. 🤗

I'm ok , a bit stressed for next Monday. (The dr that did my operation is gonna tell me if they got everything or if I need another one) I don't want another one like that one, but there we are 🌺🧚🏼‍♀️🌺
Chin up Auriel, think positive. The wait to see if the margins are clear is very stressful but you will get through. You seem a strong person & push the bad things to the curb. 💪

I'll have a look at magnesium cream, my right elbow is still tight and painful after using anti-inflammatory gel for a fortnight. It would be great if something could help the other awful pains such as my hamstrings.
I was told by my osteopath to buy some lidocaine patches to use where my pains are. These patches can be brought over the counter at a chemist. They can be cut to size and left on for 12 hours. They are good for nerve pain. I put the full size patch on my lower lumbar/sacrum and actually did help. But beware. It’s a gel type patch and so cold 🥶 lol

Oh Jay, you're going to oncology (lots of new horrible symptoms). Your good dr is sending you to everyone he thinks will help, gaenycoligy shocked me though (good luck with it)
JayCS, sounds like you’ve got a good dr there. Got a lot of bases covered at once.
My original gp was the same. On the ball , test this, more bloods, scan that.
Yeah, and I don't think it's a bad idea, too much weird stuff to shrug off.
My wife read up his term "B-symptoms" and came across Actinomycosis, a fungus, on the German wikipedia site, which reminded her of my lip "fungus" which has started up again as well as the mamilla hurt. Doesn't fit, but makes ya think. B-symptoms would need a "fever" of >38°C, but I'm still always under 37 or even 36, whether sweating or not. 10% of body loss in 6 months... well still possible if I keep going that way, but I've regained some appetite by changing more to things I enjoy eating, regardless of my lipids etc. - so quite a bit of dark chocolate. It's a good exercise just enjoying eating, a type of quality of life I don't usually treat myself to that much. Main trick tho is tidbits of lots of things.

Thing about my doc is he ideologically believes that it can't be covid, cos covid has lost all its terror. That may be true for most people, but not for my oversensitive body.
In December ‘09 to April ‘10 I had lost 24 kg. My first taste a real bone aching fatigue. No appetite. Migraines, ect.
Wow, I think I should be weighing myself more often.
Hugs for you. 🤗
Thanks, can do with some - and back! Lung x-ray result tomorrow I'm hoping, Monday mamilla swelling exam, maybe out(?), then I guess a biopsy. Oncology first talk in 3 weeks. Still not worrying.
This stuff don't worry me, but handing off my old flat today was a bummer, cos there was 3 guys, and one handyman was sooo clever and made you feel sooo pathetic, which was an interesting chemistry, cos he wouldn't really have much to say, but he was making the main guy nervous. So I had to calm that guy down, and at the same time put the bigmouth in his place. I gently stuffed his gob when he asked his colleague "Why are you doing that?" when he was taking something down for me. I replied for him "He's helping a sick man, which I think is a very nice thing to do." (I'd done some things which had been demanded, but quite a bit of it was overhead, which suddenly drained me, and I was just sitting on a bucket leaning my head.)
This then went round my head, the chemistry, that guy, and around 8 remembered Huberman's recommendation to take 5 minutes of worry time, write down plans for the next day and let go. I managed that in 2x5 minutes, tomorrow I'll decided what to do. I'm not going to repeat exactly what now of course, but it's about trying to catch that guy tomorrow and confronting him. Enough. Good night!

Last edited:
Just catching up, @JayCS And @Auriel you guys have so much going on, sending hugs and healing thoughts ❤️❤️❤️
Update for me, got my date for my MRI, the one ordered by rheumatologist to investigate the ehlers danlos route, guna be about an hour to an hour and a half on the table, and im going alone 🤦‍♀️ but have arranged with the hospital for nurses to be on hand to get me back off the table and help me dress after so it should be algood 🤞

Thing about my doc is he ideologically believes that it can't be covid, cos covid has lost all its terror. That may be true for most people, but not for my oversensitive body.
Also he may be forgetting that loss of appetite incl. weight loss as well as night sweats might be an overreaction to the T4. But I admit that the night sweats should have stopped fairly soon after stopping the T4 and they're still severe. On the other hand my energy is still up from the T4, so why not the downsides too? Well, first getting everything checked, when they've found nothing, I'll be back to that.

Yeah, and I don't think it's a bad idea, too much weird stuff to shrug off.
That’s right, never put it off. Especially if there’s too much NEW weird stuff.

. Main trick tho is tidbits of lots of things.
Like this one, I kind oh eat like this from morning till 3 pm. Then nothing.
Do you think you I’ll because of covid or the vaccines?
Wow, I think I should be weighing myself more often.
I weigh first thing every morning.
Thanks, can do with some - and back! Lung x-ray result tomorrow I'm hoping, Monday mamilla swelling exam, maybe out(?), then I guess a biopsy.
Good luck hope tests are clear.🤞
Oncology first talk in 3 weeks. Still not worrying.
This stuff don't worry me.
If your oncology unit is anything like the one I was going through. You will be totally cared for. I can’t praise the team that cared for me enough when I did my round of radiation. They gave me a key for the car park so I could park close every day. The medical staff honestly are the most friendly caring team I have ever seen. Couldn’t do enough for me.
Yeh that stuff don’t worry me either. No point letting it stress you. Just take each day as it comes. What ever happens happens.

Like this one, I kind oh eat like this from morning till 3 pm. Then nothing.
Ah that reminds me of another one of my strict rules that further complicates matters: so that my high lipids get burnt up, I need to keep meals 4-5 hours apart. So at around 9 I get up, take all my supps and food on a big tray into the garden to get sun & air (& rain ;P) first thing. Best case I take my pre-meal supps, 30' later my meal supps, some appetite & no blockage, full at 10. Worst case I forget one or more, have no appetite or get a blockage or both, then I'll be spreading breakfast till 12. So next meal is at 4 (or 5) and the last at 8 (or 10)... Missing a meal is unhelpful, cos half of my supps I need to take 3x a day with meals.
Do you think you I’ll because of covid or the vaccines?
Longer story: The 3 vaccines from Nov21 on each triggered the MCAS I've always had, spawning "25" new symptoms. I've adapted to that like I adapted to fibro in the course of the 2 years before. In January I for the first time had appetite problems due to trying to do things a TCM practitioner recommended. Stopping that improved it. Next problem in Feb was 3% of a T4 pill boosted my energy, but also insomnia (doubled sleep breaks) and brought my appetite down to 20%. Then March my wife got CoV, was positive, quite some symptoms, I was negative all the time, but had one bout of 5 days, then a break, then another bout, and that's when things like the night sweating started. But I'd say the loss of appetite and with that the weight might have been several triggers adding up.
I weigh first thing every morning.
Ah, why don't I? Why am I not weighing? Because our bathroom bin is on the scales and because I'm not in the bathroom long in the mornings. So you've inspired me to place it in the middle of my room and weigh myself of the course of the day, to see in what range it changes.
Good luck hope tests are clear.🤞
Lung is clear! 💯
If your oncology unit is anything like the one I was going through. You will be totally cared for.
Let's see, but I'm sure mine'll be nice too. I rather think if at all it's something autoimmune of fungal tho.

Back