How are you today?

Yes!!! We'll come over there to visit you and all the brilliant animals πŸ˜„β€οΈβ€πŸ”₯

@Auriel, it's a great idea for a thread, I appreciate the chance to speak my mind and reading the experience of others gives me a push. I'd say I'm not okay but I'm alright, life's been difficult but I remind myself it could be worse. Part of that could be down to self care such as deep breathing. Fibro must be wondering what I'm up to as I've been getting weird thumping sensations in my chest πŸ˜…

Oz would be awesome to visit, but far too hot for me, somewhere mildly warm would be great to get away from this bitter cold.

Hello badger πŸ™‚ a medium heat with a cool breeze, what is the weird thumping in your chest? (Is it the deep breathing exercises? or is it something that needs to checked? πŸ€πŸ’š

Hello badger πŸ™‚ a medium heat with a cool breeze, what is the weird thumping in your chest? is it something that needs to checked? πŸ€πŸ’š
I'm guessing it's partly because I've recently stepped up the amount of deep breathing exercises. There's been tightness and soreness that started around 5 years ago after smoking again. I stopped soon after and the chest discomfort improved over the last couple of years which might have followed regular breathing exercises. Although uncomfortable for my neck and head too on the inhales, with a gentle approach it hasn't seemed to lead to a flare of the headache. The sensation of deep breaths have been feeling different.

Did you used to get a lot of headaches too? When you say the sensations of breaths feel different (is that different good, bad, or just different) 🍁🌳

Did you used to get a lot of headaches too? When you say the sensations of breaths feel different (is that different good, bad, or just different) 🍁🌳
I suffered with tension headaches as a teen through stress and regular ones following that period. Unfortunately after two neck injuries in my twenties there's scalp sensitivity and constant sensation of mild to varying tension headache. Migraines can flare easily, but perhaps not quite as often over the few years due to inactivity. A neurologist had diagnosed post traumatic migraines and prescribed antiinflammatories but I weaned myself off due to stomach ache.

I should have explained more clearly about the sensation of deep breaths. They have either been positive or different. The initial sensation is more defined perhaps, making it easier to imagine the lungs filling up. Towards the end of a 5 second inhale I try to place awareness over my back rather the front of my chest because of it's discomfort. This has come to feel different, but not in a bad way. The long exhale through pursed lips can feel nice and a relief.

Lovely, breathing exercises sound nice, I get headaches still, (sometimes migraine, sometimes ones called cluster, they cause rainbow blurry vision with zigzags) ok fibro buddies, I'm going to bed now, wishing everyone to have a lovely sleep and speak very soon. 🍬😴🍬

slightly better today, mentally.. still frustrated, but it is what it is, and I just need to step things up with moving to the new clinic.

all this talk about headaches made me realize mine has not been too terrible recently...
Lately it has been occipital headache - caused by the neck problems...
I also get tension headaches altho not too much lately, and what they call "ice pick" headaches - sharp stabbing pains that are very short in duration, but excruciating while happening. Thankfully i dont get those a lot, but they do happen every 2-3 months.. might have several over the course of a few days, then they mysteriously disappear again for a while.

always hot in WA Harpy - been high temps here one day then cold to the extent of electric blanket the next not like a normal summer - I have a intolerance to heat due to the Histamoto so have fans faced towards me as my partner does not like cold she has the electric blanket on and blanket pulled up while I have just a sheet or nothing- heat seem s to bring on fibro flares for me last 2 days just mini ones but every 10 or so minutes not going to kill me but really gives me the !!!!! I look forward to winter.

Hi cookiebaker
these ice pick headaches you get, do they make your eyes water when you get them? (I get loads of different ones too) hope things go well with new clinic, it's always a catch 22 when going to new heath places (dr's, surgery's, hospitals) whether they ll be worse better or just the same πŸ€πŸ€žπŸ»πŸ’›

Last edited:
@Badger, did your fibro symptoms start before or after the neck injuries, also is post traumatic migraine connected to ptsd? πŸ™πŸ»πŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ·σ ¬σ ³σ Ώ πŸ§’πŸ»

Thankyou @mrsb62 for the lovely morning message, well I am ok/ish anyway (a but hurting and not much sleep) it's quite cold where we are right now (sunny but cold) oh my goodness you've had M.E since 14!!!, that's sooooo young, how did you manage? (must have affected school and things I would imagine)πŸ’› πŸ€— 🌞

Lovely, breathing exercises sound nice, I get headaches still, (sometimes migraine, sometimes ones called cluster, they cause rainbow blurry vision with zigzags) ok fibro buddies, I'm going to bed now, wishing everyone to have a lovely sleep and speak very soon. 🍬😴🍬
The cluster headaches must be awful, frustrating to have blurry vision along with it.
slightly better today, mentally.. still frustrated, but it is what it is, and I just need to step things up with moving to the new clinic.

all this talk about headaches made me realize mine has not been too terrible recently...
Lately it has been occipital headache - caused by the neck problems...
I also get tension headaches altho not too much lately, and what they call "ice pick" headaches - sharp stabbing pains that are very short in duration, but excruciating while happening. Thankfully i dont get those a lot, but they do happen every 2-3 months.. might have several over the course of a few days, then they mysteriously disappear again for a while.
That sharp ice pick pain is cruel, last thing you need with the neck problems, glad to hear it doesn't happen a lot, life must be difficult enough for you with the neck symptoms.
@Badger, did your fibro symptoms start before or after the neck injuries, also is post traumatic migraine connected to ptsd? πŸ™πŸ»πŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ·σ ¬σ ³σ Ώ πŸ§’πŸ»
My symptoms started before the neck injuries in my late teens and I was diagnosed at 20. I assume the neurologist called it post traumatic to describe the physical injury. ptsd has not been mentioned but stress related illness is known to be part of the big picture for me.

Aah, I got you now, (post traumatic pain) yes the cluster/ blurry ones are annoying (not had one like that for a while though) a lot of the members have headheache issues too (some members had they fibro start after neck injuries) a few have neck issues as well β˜€οΈπŸ¦’πŸŒŠ

Back