Sarahh12

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
hello,
I currently have the diagnosis of CPTSD, and I have read that it is quite common for Fibromyalgia to rear it's ugly head alongside that dx.
Now, a few weeks ago i started have a back ache, that was a but on and off - but the past 5 days I have had severe back, neck and shoulder pain along with headaches (although i often get headaches with my CPTSD anyway)
I went to my GP, And she said I had muscle tension in my trapizum muscles of my back (?) I think - and prescribed me Co-Codimal and this muscle relaxant gel
I also have IBS like symptoms but I'm not diagnosed because i get a bit embarassed!
I also struggle with sleep and brain fog too - but i always put this down to the PTSD!
I was just wondering, with the pain aspect, did all your pain come at once - eg. Neck, shoulders, back, hips, knees, wrists all together - or did ut start with certain areas of your body and then gradually spread (i know spread isnt exactly the best word) to other areas? If so, how long did the 'spread' take?
I just want this to go away!!!

First off, you really need to calm down. Anxiety only worsens your muscle ache. I'm pretty much in your situation. Muscle aches and joint aches always stood out for me. I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and have every symptom you just penned down. I stand to be corrected, but this is a condition that progresses over the years. My first symptom was hip/pelvic pain, then came the knee, wrist, shoulder and finally neck pain. It has always been accompanied with migraines and tension headaches.
You need to go back to your doctor for a proper diagnosis. Fingers crossed for you🤞

Hello Sarahh12, I have to agree with the above post in that you must try to be calm about this. Don't jump to any conclusions, especially bad ones, because your anxiety will only make everything a whole lot worse. Don't borrow trouble ahead of time!

I have had CPTSD. Had it for many years. It is not what brought on the Fibro that I now have. The PTSD faded in time, although it took a long time. What I remember from that time is that it caused among other things a great deal of tension in my body, especially because I was constantly in "fight or flight" mode. And that tension caused pain in my muscles. At one point, my adrenal gland got utterly exhausted and I was so fatigued all the time that a person would have thought I had CFS. I didn't, and that eased up a lot once I was able to get myself into a place within myself where I could relax. It took discipline, and consistency, but I managed it.

Practice whatever relaxation techniques work for you, and if you don't know then find some online and start trying them. Use a heating pad on your back and neck. Get therapy if you can for the PTSD.
And do your best to distract yourself whenever you start to worry. See good doctors for all your symptoms. Especially what you think may be IBS because that is really NOT something you should wait on. Remember, doctors hear and see everything and are not fazed, so swallow your embarrassment and just go. You may truly regret it if you don't and it is something that gets worse due to lack of treatment.
Best of luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back