How do i do it on my own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also that Meme is friggin Gold!! That got a fully bellied cackle laugh 😂😂😂😂

I thought you might like it 🤣🤣🤣. That’s what my house looks like hahaha

And just cus we can always use a laugh, i wished i had this to give to that bloody pharmacist

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220828-182425_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220828-182425_Google.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 45
i just recently changed pharmacies... the last one kept screwing up my scrips for various reasons.. one time they didn't fill one because they didn't have enough of the product - they just put it on standby without saying anything. This was a med that you just dont stop taking cold turkey, it needs to be weaned down... They were read the riot act about that one.
The last time was the last straw tho... I put in a refill order for several scrips on a Saturday evening, to be picked up the following Tuesday.
They filled part of the order, but then tried to tell me that my doctor cancelled the one - on a Sat evening - gee, about the same time that I put in the refill order... go figure.. In fact, they flat out insisted it was a doctor cancellation... when I confronted them about it (i contacted my doc & was told, no, doc did not cancel) they got nasty with me. That was the last straw.
The only reason I even used that place was because of the weekend hours & they had a drive-thru for pickups...

That is horrendous and the lying!!!!! That sorta thing just shouldn't happen!
it shouldnt, but it did, and this was a large national chain, too

now granted, i live in a very rural area, and the town this pharmacy is located in is only about 20k people... but that does not excuse them from the bull that was pulled. I honestly believe that the greater part of the problem has to do with how they handle refill requests... it all goes thru a centralized location, then out to the individual stores that actually do the filling. Somebody, somewhere along that line screwed up, but they did not seem to want to take responsibility, so... See ya.. i will take my business elsewhere.

That is unbelievabley rude, like everyone makes mistakes, and its ok to make mistakes but own up to, like stand up and be counted 'yip we stuffed up, sorry' instead theyve tried to place blame elswhere and have lost business as a result.
I also love the rural part, i think my town.has 5,000 people 😂😂 but i do live in a country thats a dot on the map

Well Doctors visit done and there is nothing new we can chuck at it and are now just going to have to ride it out till it eventually settles on its own, which it will(who knows when that will be though.) Its so dejecting like i am eating healthy and make majority of my food from scratch so know exactly whats in it, im maintaining a degree of exercise even though i want to crawl in to bed and not come out. Im using my wheatpacks and
Magnesium cream constantly at the moment. Im trying stretching to alleviate pain before resorting to pain meds. It is so dejecting when your doing all you can and your body is still being an a##hole
Sorry guys needed a rant

It is so dejecting when your doing all you can and your body is still being an a##hole
Sorry guys needed a rant
You've been needing a way to process all the frustrations for awhile so not surprised you've got some more rants ❤️ I try to look at my body as a friend like we are on the same team but I haven't arrived there yet. Instead I treat it like this

Attachments

• 11E2DB3B-399B-4EF8-A684-775EBCB35C07.jpeg
    11E2DB3B-399B-4EF8-A684-775EBCB35C07.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 41
I try to look at my body as a friend like we are on the same team but I haven't arrived there yet. Instead I treat it like this
I fully agree with this.

The problem with thinking of your body in negative terms like @##hole is that it separates "you" from "your body" and puts the "two" into an adversarial condition. Of course, the two are not separate, we all know that. But if you think negatively about your body it will only makes things worse. sweetkami's way of thinking about it that body and mind are on the same team is far more productive. Your body is not something you can heal by doing a battle with it.

The best approach is to work with your body. I found that when I learned to really listen to what my body was " telling" me, (meaning paying attention to subtle cues that if I continue doing this or that there will be more pain or fatigue, things like that), I also learned to regulate what I choose to do and/or how I do it so as to have a better life. At times, I stop and sort of check in with my body by going internal and I ask if something is a good idea or not, and often get a reply. And it proves to be true.
I don't think I could do this if I had an adversarial attitude towards my body. I tend to think now more in terms of something that is innocent, and has to be cared for nicely and listened to, like my dogs or a baby human being. It has made a big difference.

when I learned to really listen to what my body was " telling" me, (meaning paying attention to subtle cues that if I continue doing this or that there will be more pain or fatigue, things like that), I also learned to regulate what I choose to do and/or how I do it so as to have a better life.
I’ve seen that is the fastest way to experiencing a better quality of life. Instead of trying to force it to submit to my will I accept that it feels how it feels and then I go about things the most effective way - adjusting my activities to its conditions…

I can certainly see how pitting the two against each other is not helpful, however for me this isnt about treating my body as an adversary, its about compartmentalising. And a way of accepting that actually i can be doing everything right and all that i can to help myself but still at the end of the day my body is still in a certain way. For me this is about compartmentalising and expressing frustration that i can be doing all the right things and listening to my body but at the end of the day a flare is a flare and it friggin sucks. I could certainly phrase it differently in that today im being an a##hole but thats a completely different meaning altogether. I am fully aware that fighting against myself is a losing battle i learnt that in the first two years of being crook. For me, from a mental wellness perspective i have to have a way of compartmentalising amd expressing that frustration. I certainly dont disagree that for many this would not work and would more likely than not, not be recommended however for me its a way of dealing with those bad days in a way that doesnt send me in to a depression spiral.

this isnt about treating my body as an adversary, its about compartmentalising
Now that's an interesting perspective, but I haven't understood it yet... Are you saying that's positive?
Do you mean venting as deliberate compartmentalising until you get round to focus, confront and work on coming to terms with your pain being outside your complete control, when you'll no longer need it?
That'd be the way I understand the concept, you too?
Are you saying the fuller form of acceptance which you say may work for most won't work for you altho it's not recommended for others?
And you say compartmentalising prevents you from spiralling down, whilst above it's dejecting to see that your body is outside your complete control. I can't quite get where the useful "compartment" is?
I'm curious how I perhaps already use it or how I could use it for more than just a transitionary phase.

I am an exceedingly practical person, for me its a way of accepting (and venting) that there are things i do not have control over. For me its a way to view the situation as portions of the whole.
Prior to getting sick i was very much a person that if something is happening in your life that you dont like(enjoy/want, whatever word works for you) you take the steps available to change it, and if change isnt possible you take all steps available to make the situation bareable. The problem with FM(please keep in mind this is specific to my situation) i can do all the things available to me and take all the steps available(that in non flare up do help, each little thing makes a difference and the whole is then not so bad) and at the end of the day im still in a crap tonne of pain and feel like crap. I fully understand that this is the nature of the beast(FM), but coming from an (overly at times) practical point of view i need a way to look at the situation in parts and by doing so i can accept that today this is just how it is, and still do the things i can to help myself but accept that those may(during flare up) or may not help. Rather than dwelling on the fact that today is a shitty day, i can accept that ok today is a bad day but i can still do these things to try and help myself(they may or may not help) but those are the parts i do have control over at that point in time.

In reference to the dejecting part, i am someone who is always looking for new ways i can help myself, and in the middle of flare, when at this point i just have to ride it out, thats not a situation i have control over which in itself for me dejecting.

Im not very good at explaining it sorry guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back