How do I know if the pain is Fibromyalgia or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonnaM

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2020
Country
UK
State
UK
Good morning

I'm of that age where everything seems to be going wrong. I have recently been diagnosed with fibro, I have an underactive thyroid, I am menopausal and pre-diabetic. I'm struggling to know which condition to associate pain to. For example I have had a headache for three days now - is that fibro????

Hi Donna, welcome to the forum...

there's really no way to know if the headache is associated with fibromyalgia or not. FM is so varied that it affects everyone a little bit differently, and has so many symptoms that you never really know.

But here's the thing: It really doesn't matter whether one particular thing you are experiencing one day or one week is sourced in the fibromyalgia or not. What matters is to manage it as well as you can.
Now, of course, it is valuable to think about what you ate or did or did not do that might have caused the headache, so you can do your best to avoid having it in the future. But if you can't figure it out with your best effort, then forget that path and just do what is best to manage it.

I highly recommend you read my post of suggestions for things people can do to manage FM to the best of their ability. Try some of the things in that post....actually, try them all but of course not necessarily all at once to start off. Start with one thing, then add another if that seems easier for you. But start now to do your part in taking charge of your health.
And come bask and ask any questions you may have about it. We are here to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back