Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2015
Country
US
State
ID
I have been diagnosed in January with fibromyalgia. I haven't quite figured out a good pain management plan. I am currently on cymbalta and macrobid. Neither really help with my big pain areas just my smaller ones. I have been recently doing knee physical therapy because my knees are the worst. And some light walking to help ease pain and get active again. It helps somewhat, but my key areas are non stop pain. Those areas include: knees, hips, shoulders, and lower back. I have pain in my wrist, ankles, arms, and thighs too but the macrobid helps with the joints and the light exercise helps with my muscles.

What do you guys do to manage pain? What exercises do you do? What medicines are you prescribed that helps?

I know everyone is different, but i want to know all the options so i can talk to my doctor about them. Since i'm kinda clueless about it all.

Hello again! Some of the things you describ maybe arthritis. I use a cbd salve that works great on those areas. I can private msg you a website. Make sure you have enabled private msg and let me know if you want to try them.
You said:

What do you guys do to manage pain?
Stay active,take meds on time, cry a lot. Pacing helps too.

What exercises do you do?
I have a body blade. One minute work out to workout all day. Works every muscle and very slow motions work best. $90

What medicines are you prescribed that helps?
Muscle relaxer-tizanidine HCl worked for over a year.
Pain meds- Morphine sulf er,
Gralise er works great for the nerve/knife pains
Subsys is for cancer pain. 100x more powerful than
Morphine. You must be on morphine to get this med.
Any dose anytime can kill you. I wouldn't get this until last resort.
There are not many meds for this. Nerve blockers like cymbalta. Other wise
Its Strong pain meds.

but i want to know all the options so i can talk to my doctor about them.
Workout a treatment plan first. Then ask for meds later. Come to terms with your pain and your quality of life.

Welcome to the site.i take amitripoline 50mg at night. For nerve and help me sleep. I have tramadol with paracetamol ,which for me is a life saver.
I walk up to a mile everyday. With my dogs but trust me some days I'm like a little old lady on 90.so,e days the walking helps me move ,others it makes me stiff.movement is key for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back