Status
Not open for further replies.
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
MRU
State
gport
stress and the busy schedule of everyday has hijacked our life. Stress management is essential and should be made part of life to avoid complications. How do you cope with your stress?
I love going to the beach every weekend as the beach is very close to my house. Sometimes when I get really fed up, I leave the country for a small vacation because I love travelling.8)

How about you?:-D

Coping with stress is hard because our lives are filled with stress. But in answer to your question, what I do the most is to not push myself to do to much in one day. I used to be a great muli-tasker. I could be cooking supper and have 5 other things going on at the same time. If I went to town I would make a list and hit every place on the list before coming home. And in the end I was plum wore out. Now I plan my days carefully, doing the most important things first and letting other things side till the next day or more. I clean house slowly and try not to tax my muscles.

I love watching movies and listening to music. I go to church when I am able. I cook homemade meals and do easy crafts to keep my mind busy on something else other than just thinking about my pain. I volunteer to help older people when I can. I now listen more and talk less. I walk in the woods and sit and listen to the sounds of the birds and the wind.

I have learned not to be so perfect in everything I do. And I pray a lot for patience and courage, and ways of understanding my life as it is now. :)

I swim a lot and make time to for short hikes in the forest. I also go to the beach when the weather is warm. I started Vipassana meditation years ago. Vipassana (meaning to see things as the really are) is an ancient Indian form of meditation where your breathing is controlled and you focus on being mindful of all body sensations experienced during meditation.

Thank you for sharing! Oh wow that's great! I have heard of this type of therapeutic practice before but I didnt know that correct name for it. My practices a lot of meditation and I tend to learn from her when I have some free time! Besides, have you heard about reiki before? It is an ancient japanese meditation mostly for therapeutic healing using energy.

I do meditation. I like to sit in a comfortable position and just observe my breathing going in and out. I slowly relax my breathing and note the flw of my breath as I inhale and exhale. The gentle rhythm of my breathing then induces me to relax further. Once I have reached a calm state, I try to clear my mind and focus on positive thoughts.

This technique works really well for me and helped me cope with stress.

Stress is definitely an annoyance. I deal with it when I'm overwhelmed with work. What I do is just deal with it. Stress is not going to go away unless you complete your work, projects, whatever is giving you stress. After you finish, a big weight is lifted off your shoulder.

I totally agree Oz, i had a friend who constantly buried her head in the sand coz she couldnt deal with the stress of kids, work, paying bills. in the end she was just making her stress so much worse by not addressing her issues. i try to deal with any difficulties as they arise , ok you get stressed dealing with it but once done it goes away till the next problem.
But saying that you do have to learn to relax. I really had to learn...i could never just sit. having to go back to live with my Mum and Dad taught me though as they would never let me DO anything. now i can quite happily just veg out on my sofa to my favorite shows on TV and do no more than maybe a bit of crochet. :)

Thank you for sharing! Oh wow that's great! I have heard of this type of therapeutic practice before but I didnt know that correct name for it. My practices a lot of meditation and I tend to learn from her when I have some free time! Besides, have you heard about reiki before? It is an ancient japanese meditation mostly for therapeutic healing using energy.

Yes, I have heard of reiki. It is relatively new, being invented in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It involves channeling energy directly from the universe and by taking into ones body and directing out through the hands, a practitioner can use it to heal himself and others. I have seen people using it but I am not an expert myself. There are many books on the subject and I think it does work for therapeutic self-healing.

Sometimes when I stress out to the max, I would just sit down with a bowl of cookies and cream ice-cream and watch a movie. It's actually help out because the ice-cream distracts you due to your taste, and the movie takes your into a new world and you eventually just relax.

Try it out!
xHysteria.

Sometimes when I stress out to the max, I would just sit down with a bowl of cookies and cream ice-cream and watch a movie. It's actually help out because the ice-cream distracts you due to your taste, and the movie takes your into a new world and you eventually just relax.

Try it out!
xHysteria.

I love the suggestion! Haha!
A lot of people say not to eat when stressed, but hey, if it works it is worth it!

I crochet and make small jewelry items to relax, assuming I'm not having one of those brain fog days.

My biggest mistake was discovering polymer clay! Since it cures at household oven temperatures, instead of kiln, you can mold or sculpt an item and have it ready for sanding and finishing in a couple of hours. Learning new techniques is easy because you can find free tutorials all over the internet. The only problem I have found is keeping a good supply of it in the house!

It might be fun to post some pictures of our completed hobby projects. The photos needn't look professional and it would be a great way to share some of our inner creativity. Sharing may help some of us all feel better!

I like to meditate to cope with stress. It really works well to help to reduce anxiety levels too, and so I will often meditate before going out to somewhere that may particularly make me feel nervous. I also love to take long hot showers regularly as they instantly calm me down and reduce the tenseness of my muscles.

mercyL- i love fimo and sculpy!
once i have a few house things finished i am going to get back into making my own beads and have been reading up how to create semi precious looks like opal and marble. we have an old table top oven i can use solely for my creations. its so much fun.

stress and the busy schedule of everyday has hijacked our life. Stress management is essential and should be made part of life to avoid complications. How do you cope with your stress?
I love going to the beach every weekend as the beach is very close to my house. Sometimes when I get really fed up, I leave the country for a small vacation because I love travelling.8)

I figured out, long ago, that adding something to my life does not ease the stress, it makes it worse, so my husband built a pergola with a paver based, instead of a cement slab, in the back yard. We create a water feature every spring a part of our personal springtime ritual. I have a sky chair hanging from the pergola so I go out into the yard, turn on the fountain, and sit in my skychair watching the squirrels and birds.

I enjoy the quiet.

I would love to live near the beach, you are so lucky! I will go to the sea side in August and that will be very relaxing for me! Until then, I relax by reading a good book or watch comedy shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back