Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
AZ
Hello all, I am going to keep this short so I don't start making my issues flair up though they are already flared up truthfully. Eh I am wondering what is the general recommendation for dealing with this. My short term memory loss has been happening more frequently & well my mom just says it's convenient that I forget & just so she can do what she told me to do.

I mean really you tell me something & it pretty much leaves my mind in a few seconds & it hurts my head just to remember it & causes me a lot of mental fatigue in the end. I mean I hate being undiagnosed all my parents do is think this is a huge act on my part & it's not.

So wondering what's some recommended advice to try & cut down on the short term memory loss? I mean pain medication used to help but all it does is take away the headache & nothing else.

Also noticing I am starting to forget words a bit more. If it wasn't for me staring at the keys & trying my best to correct any misspells & watching what I am saying this would be one gobbled up mess.

Lyrica and amitriptyline can cause memory issues. I was at 100 mg of amitriptyline and I notice I was forgetting things and also had a dull headache most of the time. Just getting pain under control too. I am still seeing where the sweet spot is as I am adjusting it now to 50 mg. Memory issues disappearing and pain is definitely back. The doc says we have a few things we can try. It has been 4 years this month and still Have gain some relief. Don’t give up! Doctors of medicine practice medicine. Our bodies are unique in a way as one med may help you and do nothing for me. State just voted in medical Marijuana so gonna give it a try:)

I would say, rather than taking another drug to see if that helps, write things down. Get a notebook. If your mom wants to ask you to do something, ask her if she can write it in the notebook for you, or else you write it down while she is telling you. Date it. Now, you can keep that notebook with you or in an easy-to-see place in your bedroom or whatever, and refer to it so that you don't forget things that you need to do. I have made lists all my life but do so even more often now, and I write myself notes about what I need to get done today.

I am on a much lower dose of ami (25mg) and I don't feel like it is affecting my memory yet although there is some long-term research out there about that. I think it really helps with the brain fog and the pain. At least it has for me. I prefer holistic medicine and natural approaches but this has helped more than I would like to admit. I also take NADH for brain fog (20mg sublingually.)

As opposed to skiesblues ;-) 25mg of ami numbed and tired my brain, plus 6 more adverse side effects, after 4 months. But I stayed with it that long because it initially helped me sleep better, until I found out how I could do this with myself (I have 30 wakers & stoppers now for each). Did nothing for pain. And the numbness it caused I would call brain fog.

I actually started by cutting the 25mg in half and then worked my way up to the higher dose. Maybe that helped me to tolerate it better, I don't know. I did feel very groggy on it in the beginning but I stuck with it because I was desperate to find some relief and I was unable to sleep at all after the concussion. I was told that the grogginess was a side effect that would eventually go away once my body got used to it. It did for me, but I realize it doesn't work for everyone. Not everyone has the same set of circumstances either. I really hate drugs, period!!!

😸 - well I started with 10mg, that threw an axe into my forehead. So got the drops, started with 1 = 2mg and slowly went up to 26mg and then down again, not finding a better sweet spot, than 10mg for sleep. Despite this, my pain doc preferred me to go back on the pills, first 10mg 2 weeks, then 25mg. No axes, but I started wondering why my focal seizures were increasing, my neurologist recommended weaning it off, and it was the ami... And 4 months is not the time length where I have the patience to say it will get better 'anywhen'... :cool:

I worked with a psychologist, who taught me to track my symptoms, and harness mindfulness. I realised that my memory loss and stress levels tracked together perfectly. Breath work and meditation, alongside good sleep hygiene, kicked my memory loss almost completely (like you, I was losing words and chunks of time before developing these new skills). I also improved my fibro fog massively with CoQ10, folic acid, and ALA.

I just read an article on the NPR website that I think may be useful information. It is about the research that is currently being done which is showing that the state of deep sleep creates an action in the brain which actually washes away and reduces the levels of two of the compounds in the brain that are considered responsible for Alzheimer's.

I figure that our tendency toward brain fog with FM is, while not the same as Alzheimer's, similar in some ways. And we know that getting enough rest and especially sleep is vital to managing fibro fog and other FM symptoms. So I think the article is worth reading.

Just go to the NPR website and then search for "deep sleep protects against alzheimer's" if you want to read it.

I just read an article on the NPR website that I think may be useful information. It is about the research that is currently being done which is showing that the state of deep sleep creates an action in the brain which actually washes away and reduces the levels of two of the compounds in the brain that are considered responsible for Alzheimer's.

I figure that our tendency toward brain fog with FM is, while not the same as Alzheimer's, similar in some ways. And we know that getting enough rest and especially sleep is vital to managing fibro fog and other FM symptoms. So I think the article is worth reading.

Just go to the NPR website and then search for "deep sleep protects against alzheimer's" if you want to read it.
Reading a random article is fun and you can actually learn a lot, for sure.

I forget things a lot and people know I do so they overlook me. I try to write it down but if I don't wrote it down as soon as I'm told, I forget. Sometimes my mind can't even keep up things as well. I am on more medications for my heart that could be part of the problem as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back