How do you treat fibro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get monthly injections of naltrexone (Vivitrol). It does nothing to reduce pain or fatigue

Hi brenn,

I also found naltrexone - and actually every other pain killer I tried - didn't make any difference. I think this is to do with the nature of the pain signals in fibro.

I really recommend you start here:

Sunkacola's advice is excellent, and while it might not seem like all those little lifestyle changes would make a difference, with some commitment they really truly do.

From there, I'd have a read through here on the forum! The tough thing is that fibromyalgia isn't a one-size-fits-all thing to treat, so it really helps to read what others have been doing and treat yourself like a bit of a guinea pig until you find things that do help you - once you start stacking the right tactics, it can be transformative. That's what many of us have found success with, so worth the effort! 🌻

The advice post linked above and the search bar are powerful tools. We're all keen to feel better as soon as possible but it's a rocky road. I also have not had relief from painkillers and tend to get side effects. Thankfully Pregabalin calms down the burning pain in my forearms most of the way. It would been great if it worked as well with other pains but it's something at least. Taking your time bookmarking / taking short notes will soon build up and help understanding how to tackle things.

I take low dose Naltrexone 4.5 mg and it has been very helpful along with Valtrex 1 gram 3x daily and my symptoms are at bay. Symptoms resolved within 2 weeks of this med regime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back