Not open for further replies.

msaelim

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
OH
I want to know if my symptoms sound like fibromyalgia? I can't think of anything else and my sister laughed at me because she thinks I'm too young to have it.

Just a few months ago I started having random shooting pain all over my body. It's daily and it doesn't interfere with my life but can be quite uncomfortable. It's not painful but noticeable. On a scale of 1-5 I'd have to rate the pain as a 1-2.
It'll be a shooting/creeping/poking type of pain in my hand, foot, knee, pinky, finger, inner thigh, elbow, wrist, arm, etc. It could be in one spot or in two spots at the same time...it's like it changes places!

I sometimes get headaches and light headedness, I don't know if they are related. I saw a neurologist and he tested my nerves on my arms and said they look okay. So I don't know what else to do.

So yeah
1. How does it start?
2. Do you think I have it? I'm not sure what doctor I should see... rheumatologist? is it a nerve, bone or muscle pain?
3. How can I treat it?

Might I add, I don't have worsening pain with movement or touch.

msaelim,
First off welcome to the forum. so far it seems no one has any idea what causes Fibro. Some say it comes from overwork and others say it comes from too much emotional pain or stress in ones life. It is said to be over active nerves. This causes random pain throughout the body. As to what kind of doctor you should see I would say to try a Rheumaltologist. If you have any type of arthritis condition this type of doctor will discover it, and if your blood tests are normal he would be able to say if he thinks it might be fibro. Or he may refer you back to the Neurologist for other types of nerve or muscle testing.

If you decide to see these types of doctors I might offer a suggestion. Only tell them about the problems your having and don't try to self- diagnosis, meaning don't say I think I have fibro or I think I have this or that, because these doctors often take offense to anyone who thinks they know what is wrong with them and some doc's will be down right rude or insulting over it. They think they are super fine and self-diagnosising can only cause you problems in the long run if they put it in the reports. Try and wait for the doctor's to do the diagnosising. I know it is very hard to wait, but the less negativity in your doctor's reports the better you will fair with other doctors.

Whew! That was a lot to say. With what you have said I can not tell you whats wrong, as so many diseases start out the same way with similar symptoms it would be very hard to guess at this point. But I will tell you that the diagnosis is important, but even more important is gaining some coping skills. With this we can help you. If you read through the posts you will gain from other members on how they cope with certain symptoms and also learn about the different drugs that can be used and how well they work.

Many other ideas and hints are on this site. So please jump in and read and post any questions you might have and all of us will try very hard to help you understand and maybe calm your fears, so when you find out what might be wrong you will have your coping skills in place and that will make you a much stronger person. Glad you found this forum. :)

As 1sweed mentions, you're best to get the advice of a health practitioner. It could be potentially a number of things. As per the age issue, I was 10 at the time of diagnosis (20 years ago), so I wouldn't be too concerned about that. It was odd getting diagnosed with an illness that was primarily getting diagnosed in senior females.

Ever think about going to the Doctor and having tests run to rule out anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back