How Does it Effect Someone Who is Pregnant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLWright

Reason
Friend
Diagnosis
05/1990
Country
US
State
ID
I have a friend who has fibromyalgia and she's pregnant. She's actually pregnant with her third child. I was curious how this condition might effect her given her pregnant.

I know she has pain pills that she takes as needed. I don't mean to sound like uneducated about the situation. I just really want to understand her pain as best I can.

I'm assuming there are pain pills she can take despite being pregnant. Do you reckon those work as well in terms of helping her with the pain? I can only imagine having this condition and being pregnant dealing with both kinds of pains must be challenging. My friend is such as strong person.

I unfortunately can't answer this based on experience, but I did want to say thank you for being a great friend to your friend. Most people don't care to understand what we sufferers are going thru and the fact that you're here trying to learn just says so much about your character and how great of a friend and person you are! I do know a coworker who has pain problems and fibromyalgia who told me a while back that her pain was some what alleviated/ much more tolerable while pregnant.. But everyone is different...
And for some reason I think k there is one or two other threads about pregnancy in this forum if you do some digging.
Good luck and again, thank you for being a great friend to her!

I was about to find out this first hand, but fortunately I didn't have to. I also wondered about the medications to be honest, that was my biggest concern. Funny. I had never thought about the ways medications actually affected my body until I was faced with this possibility, it's just mind blowing to be honest.

When you are pregnant, specially the first trimester, you just can't risk it with meds, unless you ask your doctor first and he gives you the green light. But most of the times you even have to stop taking natural supplements, I actually had to stop taking my chromium supplements for a few weeks because of that, and during that time my glucose levels rose...! Scary stuff! Being pregnant and having fibro can't be easy... can't imagine what it'd have been like for me during the third trimester! I was ready for that tho, but it didn't happen (feel kinda guilty to admit I feel so relieved).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back