Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
US
State
Missouri
It is a huge pain in the neck - no pun intended. All the drugs make me sicker than the fibromyalgia or prove to be quite useless. I'm finding that healing meditation & Qigong are about the only things that have made a positive difference. My internist is completely onboard and I don't see the rheumatologist anymore. Why? There's not much she can do. Anyone else out there using meditation to heal themselves?

Hi fullerh, welcome. I usually spend 10 to 20 minutes doing meditative breathing when I first wake up. During the day I try to remember to periodically take a few deep breaths, which is a surprisingly good way to manage stress.

I have not done Qigong before. What do you like about it?

It compliments the other healing meditation I'm doing (you can find Joe Dizpensa online. I use his guided meditations from You Are the Placebo). In the Qigong practice you are with a group which is really very important. You can Google Zhineng Qigong and get a much better explanation than I've given. I meditate 2x a day (total about 1 1/2 hours) and go to the practice once a week. It is the only thing that has begun to make a dent in this "boundary disorder" as physicians call it behind our backs. Translated that means they just don't know what the heck it is or have a safe, long term effective drug therapy to offer.

Last edited:
Yes, just now starting up with qigong. Similar experience... Medication side effects do not outweigh the benefit for me either. I'm focusing on diet and supplements.

Thank you for the information. I will read up on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back