Not open for further replies.

Tuppence

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
Would Rather Not Say
Sometimes I get really bad calf pain but I find it goes away if I wear high heels. I'm not sure how I found that out, I think I just decided if I was going to limp, I might as well do it with nice shoes on. But the shoes seem to hold my feet in just the right position.

For those of you who can't/don't like to wear heels, standing on tiptoes works as well except when you forget and put your whole foot down.

Now I just need to find the right shoes for thigh and groin muscle pain...

I think shoes can make a big difference for a lot of types of pain in the feet and legs. I am not surprised that certain shoes help with the pain. You are probably making your feet and leg more stable which can go a long way in helping.

Woah, I never heard about this one! I actually thought high heels were the enemy, lol. I just can't seem to feel comfortable wearing almost anything, my feet, soles and toes feel ache most of the time :( This would be worth trying tho :) I have a pair of high heel boots (with a bridge), so next time I get calves pain, I might give this a try. Thanks for the tip :)

That is interesting. I have never heard of high heels stopping the pain. I thought they were the things supposed to start them. If I get calf pain I usually change my diet to include more minerals. I don't wear high heels because I am worried I might fall. I know that sounds paranoid, but it something I worry about.

Another thing that is helpful to some is wearing knee socks. They give support to your legs, as well as, cushioning for your feet. :)

I have already went through menopause, so it had nothing to do with my cycle. lol I'm not sure what caused it yesterday. feeling much better today.

---------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
It isn't necessarily the high heels that are giving you that benefit, but rather the fact that wearing high heels forces your calves to work harder to support your weight throughout the day. In essence, you're inadvertently exercising your calf muscles, which in turn can help lesson the effects of pain. High heels themselves are indeed a culprit behind a whole host of other health problems, including feet, ankle, and back alignment disorders, so I wouldn't want to hail them as a health-tool. =D

One of my favorite calf-strengthening exercises is the Palm Tree pose in Yoga, where-in you stand on the balls of your feet with your heels in the air (not unlike the position your feet are in while in a high heel), and hold your hands either high above your head, or reached palm outwards and behind you. It's really helped me with my calf pain and cramping.

It sounds like some issues with the nerves could be going on (an example only) which could possibly be serious.

Hello,
Indeed high heels are one of the main reason for calf pain. i feel the pain when i do leg exercise at gym and if pain is more then i massage calf with balm and deep them in bucket of warm water...

I would love to be able to walk in high heels. However, wearing them is a guaranteed fall. I don't think I've warn them once where I haven't fallen right on my hip and/or knee. The last time, I wore heals (and I am talking Crocs with a wedge here) I slipped and my knee ached for well over a month. I suppose I could put my sneakers on and walk around on my tippy-toes.

My leg pain is in the soleus muscle and the tibialis anterior muscle. My tibialis anterior muscle on my right leg aches 24/7. It's considerably worse when I drive but it's always there. I suppose, it has a lot to do with the fact that I am left handed so the right side of my body is a lot weaker. I don't know though. I wish it would go away.

Hello,
Yes wearing high heels is best idea to treat calf pain. Or else you can do one more thing try skipping it is a crucial but good way to treat calf pain...

when i suffering from high leg pain then i take pain killer to recover that problem. but i think this is not permanent solution.

Be careful with pain killers, Andymark, they are highly addictive and surely not a permanent solution. Though often times it feels like they are the only reliable way to treat momentary pain. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back