how many of us Crack or pop their joints?

Status
Not open for further replies.

links56

Distinguished member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
US
State
IL
I'm always curious if there is something we all have in common that started the fibromyalgia. You know, have we all been in automobile accidents or have we all gotten too cold at one point. One of the things that I feel might have not been the best for me is always popping my joints. I have done it as long as I can remember, I can't stop it's like a pressure release or something on my joints. It makes them feel better for a very short period. Does anyone else do this?

Oh goodness yes. I pop and crack my joints constantly. I have many pinched nerves in my spine that need to be released or else I experience intense burning sensations in my limbs. I see a chiropractor every other week. (It's the only "therapy" that I have found to work on an ongoing basis.)

He said that as long as you VERY GENTLY release that joint pressure, you won't do any damage. Ultimately, you can't force your own muscles to push past their limit. Don't use a wall or other prop to force the bone into place. (Leave that for the professionals).

There are many opinions on this, though! Just be careful!

I pop my joints often, but I don't do it quite on purpose... it seems it's super easy for me to do that is just happens. I've always wondered if this is normal or not. I always thought there was some kind of problem with my joints, it's good to know I'm not the only one who can do this practically at will. This happens a lot with my neck, fingers and even my wrists sometimes.

I used to live up in Canada for a few years. It got very cold during the winters, as Canada does. And yes, I used to crack my hand joints, right below the thumb. It felt like it was releasing some pressure that was being built up. It did provide some temporary relief. I've been doing it for years, though I'm not very gentle, I just hope I haven't put too much pressure.

I crack and pop everywhere. My doctor calls it "decripitis." Only I've had "decripitis" since the 1st grade. So, yeah, I would say I crack and pop IN my joints, but I also crack my joints as well. My right hand has been numb for over a week (makes for interesting typing), and the only thing that brings back momentary feeling is cracking my fingers.

I don't purposely crack or pop my joints. That sound is like nails on a chalk board to me. Also, it's not a pleasant feeling and I hate when they crack on their own. I avoid that at all costs. I can't even go to a chiropractor because of it. *shudder*

Interesting, I don't even notice that I do it sometimes. It's everything on me too. Toes, ankles, knees, hips, back, neck, shoulders, jaw, elbows, wrists and hands. Some times I don't do it on purpose, when I get out of bed in the morning I sound like a bowl of rice krispys. Something is definitely screwed up in my neck, I think a pinched nerve. My doctors don't look into that stuff though. How do you unpinch the thing?

I don't crack myself it just happens when I move or walk. That sounds funny but I also sound like rice krispys when I walk.

I do it all the time since I remember myself, I do not know why i do that. Probably you are right, it is like relieving the pressure. But I donot like chiropractors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back