How much does Lyrica or similar drugs really help Fibromyalgia pain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lyrica is the only reason that I can work right now. I lucked out with a walk-in doctor who prescribed it and am SO grateful as it has given me a portion of my life back.

Lyrica is the only reason that I can work right now. I lucked out with a walk-in doctor who prescribed it and am SO grateful as it has given me a portion of my life back.
Hi Shanti Shanti, and welcome in! 👋
Great to hear Lyrica is helping you. 👐 Hope it doesn't entice you to overdo it too much, the side effects stay "affordable" and you can find other help too!

I am on 75mg of Lyrica (pregabalin) twice a day and it has stropped the extreme pain (10+ level) but I still get minor pain (4to5 level) as long as the extreme pain is stopped I can live with the minor pain

I am on 75mg of Lyrica (pregabalin) twice a day and it has stropped the extreme pain (10+ level) but I still get minor pain (4to5 level) as long as the extreme pain is stopped I can live with the minor pain
Glad you've found a pain med that's helped @johnsalmon 👍🏻

I am looking at taking another stab at getting off of gabapentin (generic of Neurotin). First time I tried the withdrawal was horrible. The side effects have been all the things I started taking it for over 2 years ago. I am pushed to take Lyrica but refuse because it's in the same class. After trying so many meds in the same medication class (ones that affect serotonin) and others I'm done with experimentation. I'm tired. So in my experience, although not with Lyrica, I wouldn't. There is no magic bullet, I gave up on that a while back.

Cutting back on caffeine has helped some. I have tracked my diet and caffeine is the only thing I can put my finger on. Moving (not even exercise) helps and I try to balance out between too little and too much. Engaging my brain helps the fog (sometimes) and it can be a distraction from the pain when it isn't at its worst. Massage has been beneficial for me, it seems that muscle tension I often don't even notice I have makes the pain exponentially worse. (My therapist had an accident where she cut tendons in her hand, hoping she can come back soon! Pain is noticeably worse without her.)

Did nothing for me. Natural works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back