Reason
Friend
Diagnosis
03/2004
Country
Rom
State
European Union (border re
My friend experiences 'crisis' almost every hour and they all have different intensities. Some are strong are very painful, while others aren't that bad and he can deal with them. What about you?

My friends with fibro have good days and bad days when it comes to the intensity of pain. It's never fully gone, and always under the surface... I think most people teach themselves to consider the better days a blessing.

When it's flaring, though, there's simply no relief until it's over and that length of time for it to be over varies greatly.

Actually, there isn't a certain schedule for it, which is quite interesting and scary in the same time.

Actually, there isn't a certain schedule for it, which is quite interesting and scary in the same time.

Oh, absolutely scary, yes. And many people will tell you that the worst of it usually comes when it's supposed to be a better day or they're looking forward to something that's supposed to be happening... always the worst timing for the bad flares. :-(

But I've seen some people who didn't have a 'schedule' for their crisis, which means that they could experience those any time.

Mine are happening far more frequently. Because I have numerous other autoimmune health issues, they can pile up. I have been missing so much work lately because of them. There is no schedule and you're right. One minute you feel like, wow, I can go to dinner tomorrow. I worked all day and still functioned when I got home, maybe the worst is over! Next morning....Boom! Can't get out of bed. The hardest part of all is when people see you out one day, then the following Monday you are gone from work, they don't realize how many other functions or family events you've missed. They think you pick and choose or judge you. We go to the dunes every couple months. I've heard through some that people wonder how I can ride quads "all weekend" and have health issues at work. Well, what they don't know is that my husband packed everything up and maybe that particular weekend, all I did was sleep, sit by the campfire, watch my friends head out on their quad, and read.....

Last few days been feeling awful, I actually can go for whole months feeling normal, but then after I get a flare and I'm reminded once again that I'm not as healthy as I like to think! Yup, can be quite hard and depressing, but that's why being here is so important... you learn ways to cope with it, specially depression. It seems fibro and depression go hand in hand, specially when you get a flare... Mine tend to be bad during the winter or when the weather changes abruptly.

I'm sorry for you, mate! I hope you will get well, eventually. Try to think that better days will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back