Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2020
Country
US
State
ME
Has anyone done HRT to help with the menopause process and if so has it helped at all with any Fibro symptoms?

Bonnie86

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
Hey. Im not quite there yet, but my mom suffers too and only mentioned recently that she had to come off HRT when she was diagnosed around 4 years ago

Cintulinki

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/1999
Country
CA
State
ON
I have taken oestrogen patches for many years and it has neither helped nor made my pain worse. I did try to stop it a year ago thinking that after 30+ years it was time to stop but my night sweats were unbearable and my endocronogist put me back on it. BTW I have had a hysterectomy and also my ovaries out for the same length of time.Hope this helps

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
US
State
VA
I've been on HRT for 2 yrs now and it has reduced some of my pins and needles and tingling but most definitely not all. I see such a small lessening in my symptoms that I'm considering going off of it.

sjbrown

Distinguished member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2020
Country
US
State
ME
Thank you all so much! :)

longtimer

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2020
Country
CA
State
AB
I've been on HRt for a few years now and it helped with night sweats and other menopausal stuff, but I can't say it has made any difference with my fibro - and with the HRT you can still have bleeds, and that causes a lot of inflammation for me.