Not open for further replies.

Red Sox Fan

Diagnosis
06/2004
Country
US
State
Ma
Hi Everyone.. I am new here but not new to Fibro. I have had it many many years. The weather here in New England has been sultry, rainy and generally muggy. My symptoms have run amok. Is anyone having similar problems? My ears are ringing, my bones are aching and my trips to the bathroom are frequent. I have IBS (my whole life) and it is worse when I have a flare. I am starting to panic as with my panic/anxiety I always think of horrible diseases I could have. I am a mess! I should be used to this by now, but with each new flare I worry anew.The newest wrinkle is that I got hives on several spots. I thought it was shingles coming back but the hives have gone. Very sorry for this long post.. I guess my nerves have got to me.:sad:

I have been a little more sore than usual but not anything extreme. I have had an extra amount of stress going on in my life right now and that does a job on me.

Hi.. I hear you on the stress. It can be a real trigger. Last week my 46 year old son and his wife showed up on our doorstep (literally) from out of state. Evicted from apt. No jobs ect. What are we supposed to do throw them out? Started my fibro going nuts. We are now retired and this isn't something we planned on! I truly hope your stress level goes down so you can feel better. This site is wonderful. I don't feel so alone.

In Traditional Chinese Medicine, TCM, humidity is a major culprit that causes flares in Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia patients....
A change in season or change in weather and climate, all have impact on our bodies....
If you get to have rain and sun and rain and sun over and over again all within the same day....
The changes will cause your overactive or over-sensitive nerves to run amok....
This morning when I wake up, I feel slight pain and stiffness, as usual....
But only less than an hour later, my hands and feet feel like on fire, as if someone was burning them with a flame....
My neck, my shoulders, back and hips were all hurting badly....
I looked out my windows, and sure enough, a storm is brewing....
What I hated most, is when your body is getting accustomed to this change and you feel less pain....
Bang! It hits you hard again, coz rain has stopped and the sun is out....
It sucks everytime but I have no choice, only to continue to grit my teeth, bear with it and live through it....

I am from the NE area..I was feeling on top of the world till this weather patten got stuck. Now my hands are not working, stiffness, lack of energy. Use to tell people, no weather does not affect this disease, boy was I wrong!

You not a lone, when its winter in my country my pains become worse, and when the pains worsen, you start to get stressed and over work yor body organs hence experiencing more pains. I know its very hard not to think of the pain, but I usually to keep myself busy during the day and make sure I do things which tire both body and mind so that at night I be tired enough at least to get some sleep.

Humidity affects everybody, or at least me and the rest of my family. We experience bone aching, headaches, stomach disorders and depression. I don't think there's much to do about it, except maybe doings things you like to do and relieve stress.

My house is so very hot in the summer. I keep fans running in hopes of keeping the air moving around. My muscles ache and so do my joints. I have been fighting off inflamation in my chest muscles from having the cool air from my fan sweeping over me at night. It has been up in the 90 to 95 degree range lately in my upstairs rooms.

Some tips are when really hot take cool showers. Wash your hair or just get it wet to cool off. When outside in the sun always wear a hat. Sit in the shade not in the sun. Drink lots of water and juice so you don't get dehydrated. Relax and don't work to hard during the hot part of the day.

Hope this helps a bit. :)

Nothing helps me as much as a (mild) workout and then a soak in a hot tub. Nothing keeps me away from the gym and more than this horrible humidity we have had this week. My teeth ache - and I don't have any more teeth (lol). My feet hurt up to my hips - well you know. Someone above mentioned Shingles. I just suffered through my second bout with Shingles in 2 years. Does anyone else know if there is a correlation between Fibro and Shingles. I can tell you, I had no idea how much Fibro hurt until I had Shingles on top of it! ouch.

Humidity always makes my fibro worse. Everything wrong with me with the fibro is made worse by humid days.

It is like something pushing on my body all the time. My fog is worse, my pain is worse and my fatigue is horrendous.

And I find at night having a fan ( or two) going while you sleep AND a wet washcloth, I have had chilled in the fridge, laid over my forehead and eyes really helps with keeping me cooled off and not feeling so suffocated by the humidity.

And Fibromite is right. Here in the Pacific NW we get many days where it starts off yucky and I wake up feeling pain everywhere, and then the sun comes out and my body feels different and then by nights end the rain comes back. It is hell.

I need to move.

My wrists and my back are hurting for a couple of days now, I hope the weather will get better because this affects my work. I can't even sleep well. There's not much I can do about it, just wait for the pain to go away.

Hi Everyone.. I am new here but not new to Fibro. I have had it many many years. The weather here in New England has been sultry, rainy and generally muggy. My symptoms have run amok. Is anyone having similar problems? My ears are ringing, my bones are aching and my trips to the bathroom are frequent. I have IBS (my whole life) and it is worse when I have a flare. I am starting to panic as with my panic/anxiety I always think of horrible diseases I could have. I am a mess! I should be used to this by now, but with each new flare I worry anew.The newest wrinkle is that I got hives on several spots. I thought it was shingles coming back but the hives have gone. Very sorry for this long post.. I guess my nerves have got to me.:sad:

I can totally identify with what you are going through.

I have issues with humidity as well and the longer a flare lasts, the more your anxiety grows. I don't think a lot of folk understand that.

I made what I call a "distraction basket". I put light crochet work, lovely magazines, and few other pleasantries into the basket and set the basket o top of my bed desk. When I am having a bad day, I have the hubby set the bed desk near the foot of the bed or on his side of the bed, since he'll probably going to work when I have him do this.

IF I absolutely cannot function, I crawl into the bed with my distractions. I turn on the television and try to consciously relax. It doesn't take all of the pain away, but it keeps my mind occupied while I cannot move around much.

Have you tried planning ahead for flares?

The weather here in New England has been sultry, rainy and generally muggy. My symptoms have run amok. Is anyone having similar problems?

Hi Red Sox Fan, and welcome to the forum (at least I don't think I've seen many posts from you yet.) I'm sorry to hear of all the pain and issues you're having. :sad:

Weather plays a big part of this and when it's like it's been here in the northeast (I know you're having the same kind of weather now) it makes things so much worse. We've had many storms over the past few weeks. There was a day or two that we escaped them but now it's right back to being daily again. Unfortunately with many of those storms there are tornado watches and sometimes warnings, so that adds a level of stress on top of everything else.

I hope your flare will soon pass and that you'll see some sunshine that will hopefully make things at least a little better.

Yes, I hear you about the humidity. Here in Alabama, we've had thunderstorms and high humidity for over a week. Today my heels are hurting so bad, I can hardly walk. My feet seem to be really acting up worse than any other place. Has anyone else experienced heel pain? I don't see any let-up in this weather this week, either!

Ahh.. a storm came by our area, pretty much missed us but there is quite a wind and it's cool, blowing some of the humidity away, a welcome temporary relief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back