Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2014
Country
US
State
HI
Has anyone tried hyperbaric oxygen therapy? If you haven't heard of this, you can easily find out info online, specifically the research that was done in Tel Aviv. I would like to try this treatment but it is not covered under insurance for fibro and it's very expensive. I called the only HBOT facility in Hawaii and their protocol for fibro patients is an initial 20 ninety minute sessions (5x a week for a month). It will cost $300 per session, or $6,000 for the entire treatment. Not cheap. Possibly more if I need more. They said that most of their fibro patients saw improvement within that first month, some even improved so much they went off medicaiton.

Have you tried this treatment or know someone who has to treat fibro?

Getemgirl and I were discussing this in another thread. It looks very promising. If you do it, I'd be very interested in what you think of it.

Hey DK I would love to try this therapy but it's just too much money to gamble for possibly temporary relief. The research done in Tel Aviv does not show the long term affects and I'm concerned that the benefits could be short lived. But if I can get some feedback from others who have actually tried it with long term success, that would give me more motivaton to find the money to do this.

Lol, one of us needs to win the lottery!

I just paid off my car. Im considering saving for a year in case my insurance won't cover it. I have an appointment Wednesday with my rheumatologist. I will ask her what she thinks.

Hi Getmegirl,
Please let us know what your Rheumy thinks :)

Just left doctors office. She had not heard of hyperbaric and was very interested. Said she would research. I did mention to her that it might be cost prohibitive. I will have to check back with her at a later date.

Ok, thanks for the followup. Let us know what she finds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back