I am 33 and received my diagnosis at 31, interested in hearing your journey to your diagnosis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MommaSJones

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2019
Country
US
State
OH
I believe I have suffered from fibromyalgia all of my life.
All of my symptoms throughout my life strongly suggest this. Because of being young, fibromyalgia was never brought up by my drs as a possibility. I also suffer from joint pain (arthralgia) and recieved that diagnosis at the age of 14. I had many years of drs visits and suffering with no answers as to what was going on with me.

After having my son, at the age of 24 I gained a significant amount of weight (actually I doubled my pre preggo weight) this wreaked havoc on my body! My (at this time undiagnosed fibromyalgia) symptoms worsened and the smallest life tasks seemed near impossible. I was given pain medications for the arthralgia, which seemed to worsen my other symptoms and made me unable to function as a mother. So I deny any pain medications.

A few years after my son was born we began to see a new family dr. This is when my life changed. He is an out of the box thinker which is perfect for my unique body! A few years down the road of trying to figure out what my symptoms were from he suggested the possibility that I had fibromyalgia. Then he touched a few spots on my body.. and oh my goodness I swear I hurt for a month after that appt... but from that point on we started treating my symptoms as if it were fibromyalgia.

The first medication I was put on was horrible... however, since I have been on Amitriptyline I'm able to manage my symptoms and lead a "normal" life!

I am learning more and more about managing my symptoms and lifestyle plays a huge role in management. Eating real whole foods and yoga has been detrimental to controlling my symptoms. And my medication has helped with my overall fatigue and pain. I still have bad days, especially during weather changes. And I found that alcohol also doesnt agree with my fibromyalgia, and causes bad flair ups. Additionally, after my hysterectomy I had a major flair up in symptoms as well.

I am curious to hear..... what age were you diagnosed? What has your journey's to diagnosis been like? How do you manage your symptoms? Are you on medication? What have you found that impacts your flair ups? What type of symptoms do you experience?

Looking forward to chatting with y'all and learning!

All of my symptoms throughout my life strongly suggest this. Because of being young, fibromyalgia was never brought up by my drs as a possibility. I also suffer from joint pain (arthralgia) and recieved that diagnosis at the age of 14. I had many years of drs visits and suffering with no answers as to what was going on with me.

After having my son, at the age of 24 I gained a significant amount of weight (actually I doubled my pre preggo weight) this wreaked havoc on my body! My (at this time undiagnosed fibromyalgia) symptoms worsened and the smallest life tasks seemed near impossible. I was given pain medications for the arthralgia, which seemed to worsen my other symptoms and made me unable to function as a mother. So I deny any pain medications.

A few years after my son was born we began to see a new family dr. This is when my life changed. He is an out of the box thinker which is perfect for my unique body! A few years down the road of trying to figure out what my symptoms were from he suggested the possibility that I had fibromyalgia. Then he touched a few spots on my body.. and oh my goodness I swear I hurt for a month after that appt... but from that point on we started treating my symptoms as if it were fibromyalgia.

The first medication I was put on was horrible... however, since I have been on Amitriptyline I'm able to manage my symptoms and lead a "normal" life!

I am learning more and more about managing my symptoms and lifestyle plays a huge role in management. Eating real whole foods and yoga has been detrimental to controlling my symptoms. And my medication has helped with my overall fatigue and pain. I still have bad days, especially during weather changes. And I found that alcohol also doesnt agree with my fibromyalgia, and causes bad flair ups. Additionally, after my hysterectomy I had a major flair up in symptoms as well.

I am curious to hear..... what age were you diagnosed? What has your journey's to diagnosis been like? How do you manage your symptoms? Are you on medication? What have you found that impacts your flair ups? What type of symptoms do you experience?

Welcome to the forum. Please read the post made by @sunkacola

Welcome to the forum @MommaSJones . As a starter it would be helpful if you read @sunkacola post about the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back