DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
3/2000
Country
US
State
WA
I was diagnosed in March 2000.
Doctor tried me on : Celebrex , Lyrica , Cymbalta , Neurontin .
(Horrible side effects from the 3 above) The Neurontin gave me mini seizures , my head was so heavy I couldn't get my chin off my chest.

I currently take the :Tramadol and Flexeril .
I've been on Tramadol 2 years. No addiction problems what so ever.
The Flexeril I've used off and on since the 70's.
No addiction problems with that either.

I am currently using a Tens Unit. Empi XL.

Nothing really seems to help.
So , what is there left to try ?

And a silly question , so forgive me , if nothing can be done about Fibromyalgia , WHY ARE WERE USING DRUGS ?
Aren't we just doing harm to our internal organs by taking all these medications ?
I have never really understood any of this at all.

Hi , so nice to get to know new member

I'm with you on the drugs situation. As much as pains as i'm dealng with every single days i prefer no meds. I'm at this point now that i just letting every excruciating pains or craziness run it's own course. I'll rather keep my sane by doing other stuff to keep my brain occupy cause med side effect was so much worse comparing to head screaming or intense ice bath . Some side effect were so horrific to me I'll rather die from hyperthermia. ( Which i'm confidence that it won't ever happen that easily)

Hello. I welcome you in this forum.

Hi and welcome...i also managed for years with no meds for fear of side affects and liked to know it was my actual body doing things not overdoing because the pain was masked...roll on a few years and now im pretty desperate for relief as the pain is so intense.

Its such a mind field as at the same time i dont want the horrible side affects either or the withdrawals if/when meds don't do very much

May i ask does the tramadol help you at all? I am trying it at the moment although not high dose and hoping so much it will give me some quality of life back. No real improvement though so far but im adding in paracetamol as its meant to improve its power.

Ugh i hate this battle..Im sure you do too as we all do..... i hope you get comfort from joining us here.

Welcome!
I, too, am new to the group but also new to fibro. For now I only take Gabapentinf for nerve pain at night and Tylenol for other pain. The Gabapentin works well for the burning and pain in my limbs. I have been fortunate that my other pain has been fairly mild so far. HOWEVER, I fell three days ago and broke 2 ribs. The pain was so intense the first day that I didn't feel any other pain. However, yesterday my fibro symptoms went crazy. Everything that can hurt does hurt. Oh, well . . .

Welcome,you will find some relief sharing thoughts that are difficult to put into words to someone who has no clue,as to what you must deal with on a daily basis.It is sound therapy for your mind to have support,which frankly,is sorely missing in all kinds of different ways in our lives.

The meds have never been effective in treating the illness,they are only effective in making big pharma rich beyond their wildest dreams!I am off all but my hydromorph contin 3xday and my thyroid hormone.

I have no doubt what I am in store for when,or,maybe if the day comes that I attempt to stop the opiods if by good fortune I lose all my pain,it has been 2 decades that I have been on them.

You will find out it is dancing with the devil,damned if you do,damned if you don't!Less is more(healthy),but if you feel like a bus ran you over,what choice have you got.

Most,I think,get some measured,but much needed support that is helpful to go on fighting.Good Luck!

You will find out it is dancing with the devil,damned if you do,damned if you don't!

You hit the nail in the head there Lubkos way. You should use that as your oersonal quote cause wow what a perfect description . I felt the same way every single moment of my life wit fibro. :lol: That absolutly PERFECT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back