I am a recently diagnosed man and frustrated with my family's understanding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect you are under diagnosed. Do you have a neck injury history that may be affecting your ears? I have had pretty much all types of vertigo. Have you tried Dramamine and the reply maneuver for bpv?

You are NOT alone. I have the desire for more education as well. The sensitivities AnD fatigue may be adrenal issues. Have you see an Endocrinologist?

Hi your post has encouraged me to join. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 6 months ago. Iv had the agonising pains for years and this balance problem which no one seems to understand. My head feels like it's pulling to the left, I have a constant off feeling. It's took over my life I only get a break when I'm lying down. I'm 38 years old and I have excruciating pains all over my body, aswell as one that's in a band from my back coming around to my abdomen. With off balance my vision feels abit off and I get a headache. My family isn't very understanding either they think im being lazy. It's hard because I want to do things but the symptoms hinder me

Hi your post has encouraged me to join. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 6 months ago. Iv had the agonising pains for years and this balance problem which no one seems to understand. My head feels like it's pulling to the left, I have a constant off feeling. It's took over my life I only get a break when I'm lying down. I'm 38 years old and I have excruciating pains all over my body, aswell as one that's in a band from my back coming around to my abdomen. With off balance my vision feels abit off and I get a headache. My family isn't very understanding either they think im being lazy. It's hard because I want to do things but the symptoms hinder me
You are in the right place by joining this forum because we all understand and are here to help and support one another.
A good place to start, if you have not already read it, is my post about managing FM. It's long, but in it are many things you can do to help yourself and often people find one or more ideas in there to try, sometimes with very good results. You can find it here:

Many people here have struggles similar to yours with friends and family who do not believe them or think they are exaggerating or lazy, so if you want support with that we can offer that to you. As well as ideas on how to talk to them if that is what you want. Ask and we will be there for you. You are not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back