Reason
Caregiver
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
ID
Hello everybody my name is Michael I am a caregiver and a licensed CNA I look after my grandmother who has had Fibromyalgia since 2001 and I just wanted to share the names of some supplements that I have researched and recommended to her because I am always on Facebook and I knew some people who had Fibromyalgia and they would post on their timeline hey ! I tried this and its working or hey ! this helps with my pain or my overall mood.

My goal was to simply be a caring grandson and say hey grandma have you heard of this herb ? or this fruit ? or this supplement ? so I just want to share some things that has worked for her. She uses D-Ribose I told her that, this would help with her energy I usually give this to her at least 3 times a day , once in the morning , once in the evening , and a little at night. She and I have noticed that she can do more and not feel so fatigued and she does not complain of being too tired anymore when she does need to walk.

Now I will briefly name off some of the other supplements that she takes also the ones that her doctor recommended for pain, muscle relaxation, and sleep , those are Magnesium Citrate 400 MG Vitamin C,Vitamin D3, and Fish Oil/Omega 3. Most of these if not all can be found just about anywhere you can find medicine , like your local Wal-Mart , Walgreen , or just about any health store so that's about it , I just wanted to help other people to try some things that maybe they did not know would work together as a great combination to live life more comfortably and better with Fibromyalgia just as my grandmother is doing now so thank you for allowing me the opportunity to share and have a wonderful day.

thank you for sharing.... I have tried these .... and also b12 due to mine being low ... which didn't work either,,,,, the dr said that with chronic pain ur b12 levels being low will help make the pain worse

Thanks for sharing! I'll link this thread to my friend. He is going to try this with a vegan diet to supplement.

D ribose always helped a lot with my energy levels! Until my vit d crashed and then i was exhausted most the time...i am taking vit d 3 now and trying to get it back up!

Has anyone tried olive leaf extract?

Hello Michael and everybody . Michael, thank you so much for sharing. Has your grandmother ever tried Golden Sea cucumber ? It is amazing, it works just great for me . I am also a grandmother, and have tried a lot of different supplements , vitamins and meds. But Golden Sea cucumber is the only one that helps for me to decrease pain level and increase energy. Also I would recommend yerba mate tea .

This is a great list of supplements to help with fibromyalgia. I have also found that diet may be a great factor as well. For me cutting out grains and controlling my carb intake seems to really help with pain, flareups and my overall energy levels as well.

Thank you so much, that is some great information,am sure many of us are going to benefit from this information, once again thank you for sharing this information.

Thanks, Michael. I'm sure a lot folks will find this info incredibly useful! Thanks a lot for sharing. It's always good to have several alternatives, I personally prefer the natural alternatives over the heavy medications full of side effects. Of course i know I will have to use some heavy meds one day, but for now I want to stay away from them as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back