Not open for further replies.
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
MRU
State
gport
Hello people,

I have this huge problem where I don't know what to do...I AM LOSING ALL MY HAIR... and it's freaking me out... I think it's stress... I went to a dermatologist and he gave me a shampoo to use but it's not working... Any suggestions as to how to improve this situation?

thanks!

I'm sorry that you're losing your hair! I've gone through it myself and it is very disconcerting! I don't really have any advice other than to make sure to brush your hair regularly, even if you feel like it's going to make you lose more, and to really massage your scalp when you shampoo as these things will improve circulation to your scalp.

There's a thread on Hair Loss in the General forum, near the bottom of the page (Soon to be on page 2). I haven't read all of it, but you might find some help there.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having to deal with this! The only time I've had that happen was when I was on a much too strict diet. At that time, fortunately getting some decent nutrition and vitamins back in my system took care of it. I hope that whatever is causing this for you can be reversed so that you won't have further problems with it!

Are you losing in patches? If so, you must be having alopecia. You need to go to your dermatologist (again) to have it checked. Go to a new one this time. Get a second opiniion.

Apart from stress, alopecia can also be caused by fungal infection. Your scalp may be the reason for the falling hair, so better seek doctor's help.

My husband had alopecia, lost all his hair in patches, and the cause were stress and fungal infection. He was so stressed that his immunity was affected. His scalp was the "victim", he got fungi there and other skin-related diseases associated with alopecia. We had to go back and forth to his dermatologist for almost six months. Thank heavens, everything is fine now. He got his hair back!

Are you on any medications that could cause that? It could definitely be stress but many other things can cause it. I hope you get it figured out soon!

I was going to ask the same thing, are you on any meds? I lose A LOT of hair from stress and meds. Specifically methotrexate and prednisone. Doctors say once you stop taking the meds. the hair loss with subside too. I hope that you get help soon!

I'm really sorry to hear this, this same thing happened to me 2 years ago, I was losing a ton of hair everyday. It's been 2 years now, and my hair is still falling out (not as much as before, but still!). Your hair could be falling out for many reasons, if i were you I'd go to see the doctor asap and ask him to get your blood checked. You could be losing your hair because of an hormonal imbalance, that's the reason mine is still falling out a bit :(
If this is the reason behind your hair loss, then you should treat it asap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back