DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2015
Country
UK
State
Devon
Hi everyone
I have had fibromyalgia for at least 10 years and only diagnosed about 2 years ago.
Here in England fibromyalgia is often not recognised by the medical profession.I was beginning to despair.Nobody seemed to believe me.Numerous doctors said that I need to exercise...walk more .I find it difficult to walk...I can't stand up straight..sort of twisted and I find it exhausting.
Numerous symptoms that are talked about on this website I can relate to..and make me realise I am not alone.Thankyou

It took me a year and a half to be diagnosed. I agree it is hard to walk. I am having difficulty too with life in generally and all the changes that have come with the disease. My advice to you is walk when you feel ready and start out in a beautiful place like for me it was in a park with squirrels and geese on the river. I love the water and the dike there is grassy.

Thank you for replying.I do live in the countryside and very close to the sea.I am very lucky I have beautiful surroundings.
But every day and everything is such a struggle

It's also okay to give yourself permission to rest. I rest and rest and then if I can walk a block that's okay. If one block turns to two blocks that's okay to. I know the feeling and I am one that will not doubt you if you say not today.🤫

Thank you for replying.I do live in the countryside and very close to the sea.I am very lucky I have beautiful surroundings.
But every day and everything is such a struggle
I understand your struggle. I have that as well, in addition to often struggling with depression. there are times I want just to give up and lie on the couch day after day, but I won't let myself do it. People who stop being able to do things usually stop being able to because they stopped doing it when it got harder to do. If you keep doing it even though it is hard, if you keep active, you have the best chance of continuing to be mobile. And mobile means probably less pain, less depression, greater health and longer life.

No one who doesn't have chronic pain can understand how hard this is to do. I don't expect anyone to understand. But I just keep at it. I can't do everything I used to be able to do, but I try not to think about that, and I keep doing what I can, anyway. If you live in a beautiful place, that is a huge bonus. Just walking outdoors in a nice place makes a big difference. Do it all you can, and hang in there.

Thank you so much for your replies.It really helps..
I will carry on doing the most I can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back