Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
UK
State
Dorset
Hello im Emmjay and im 23, i was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and joint hypermobility syndrome in december 2013 and have been struggling ever since, i lost my job due to having a lot of time off fr the condition and have recently got a new job but i am yet again struggling to keep up a 40 hour week, I have not had any luck with pain control and would like some people to talk to as no one i know has this condition and so when i try to talk to them about it they just assume i am lazy and tell me that everyone gets tired so it would be lovely to connect with people who understand.

Hi Emmjay,
I'm so sorry that you have felt so alone, that is one of the worst parts of being chronically ill. You are so welcome here and we will learn from each other. It's a vulnerable thing to put ourselves out here on the internet hoping for connections, but for me it has already helped me so much. There is something about finding other people's experiences that echo mine that has made me feel less crazy and trust my own gut more.
My name is Sarah and I'm 33. I was diagnosed with fibro this summer, but I think I've had it at least since I was in my early 20s, maybe even in high school. For many years I just had lower energy and intermittent pain, but 6ish years ago the real chronic pain started for me (deep body aches, severe lower back pain, a constant migraine I've had for 2 years so far, and a million other little things). Then at the beginning of this year I became so fatigued and I've been spending almost all my time in bed lately...I am definitely in a bad patch. And the foggy brain! Oh man, I'm always calling things by the wrong name or forgetting the day of the week.... Everybody has a different story here but we are all trying to talk each other through it. How is your family with support? I have a doctor and several nurses in my family and they all really get that this is a real thing and I am suffering.. but there are other family and friends that are so wrapped up in their happy little lives and their happy little families that I want to yell at them, "remember me?!" It's hard to find enough support to get by, isn't it? Hopefully in talking with each other we can all feel a little less lonely :)

Welcome . We understand and we will try to help u and support u.what pills have u had so far. ?.
A lot of us take a long time to find the right meds to help. Plus the stress of work really don't help u.
U also need good sleep ,many of us with Fibro don't go into proper sleep so even after 12 hours in bed u will still feel tired out. I take amitripolyn for sleep and tramadol for pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back