Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2009
Country
US
State
CA
I was wondering if anyone was able to get disability. I have fibromyalgia for 13 years with chronic pain in my legs, back and feet. I also suffer from trigeminal neuralgia. It’s impossible for me to know if I’m gonna be able to get out of bed which makes me a unreliable employee.

Smileygirl

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2005
Country
CA
State
ON
I was wondering if anyone was able to get disability. I have fibromyalgia for 13 years with chronic pain in my legs, back and feet. I also suffer from trigeminal neuralgia. It’s impossible for me to know if I’m gonna be able to get out of bed which makes me a unreliable employee.
I don't know anyone who has received disability benefits for fibromyalgia. You can ask your Dr. to give you a letter for the insurance company and submit it to them, if it meets the criteria for your insurance benefits or government program. It is worth a try.

sunkacola

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
Uni
State
Somewhere
Always worth a try, but I understand Fibro is not recognized by the government in terms of getting disability payments. Also, if I am remembering right, you would have to prove to them that for two years you have not been able to work whatever, not even one day. (Now, how they expect someone to live 2 years without working is a mystery to me - who can do that?!) Still, if you try and enough others try and protest when denied, that might be what changes things, you never know. Good luck!

Sister50

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2017
Country
CA
I'm a Canadian so things are different up here. I did have to fight with my insurance co. to get disability and it was only approved because I have depression and anxiety as well. I had to come up with lots of documentation and had 2 dr's state I couldn't work so eventually they approved it. I know health insurance is different in the US but if you have lots of documentation, along with the trigeminal neuralgia, you might be the first to get approved. It you have an underlying mood disorder make sure they know that too. Good Luck. I hope you have more good days than bad.