Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2010
Country
US
State
WA
After much anxiety and contemplation, I finally applied for Social Security Disability. This was very hard, not only because of the amount of information you had to provide, but also, it was another step in my journey of acceptance. It has truly changed the direction of my future. One I would have never imagined a few years ago.

I will say, the people you reach when you call their free information line are very supportive and helpful. They have no input into the approval process, but are there just to help you through the process and answer questions. What I'm now understanding is that it is quicker to get your case reviewed if you complete the online application. Time will tell....One more thing to check off my list of to-do's. No more stressing or having anxiety about it! I used the last comment section of the application to plead my case in writing. It's now out of my hands. Whatever is meant to be will happen.... :eek:

Best of luck with this! I must say I like your approach, specially the part where you say it's out of your hand and whatever will be will be. That in my opinion is the right mind setting someone in our situation should have, specially when it comes to this kind of things. It's better than worrying endlessly! Best of luck and keep us posted!

Will do. Thank you for your interest. How are you feeling these days?

It can be very difficult to accept help like this, but I am sure that in time you will agree that it was the right thing to do, because your life will become a little easier now - financially if nothing else. These types of benefits are made for people like you, the type of people who would work if they were able to, but simply cannot at this moment in time. I wish you the best of luck, and hope that you manage to work through your disability to make some form of life that you can enjoy on the levels that are possible.

Thank you for the kind words GemmaRowlands. You're correct. It was a difficult decision. I've worked over 31 years and have had a good career. To willingly give that up, well, it wasn't really in my hands as I now realize. I wish I could continue, but I just can't. I am on a journey of acceptance and each step I take in the right direction, releases the tension in my gut and reduces the stress that I hold....

Well Social Security is not much these days to live on . I hope you are making ends meet although after working 31 years it is a difficult decision. Hopefully your job has given you some type of pension in addition to SS.

Unfortunately, too young to officially retire and yes, it's a huge reduction from my current salary (over 50% less). I have about 5 years to get by before I can retire at a deduced rate. We're reprioritizing and I've been unknowingly reducing monthly costs. What I mean is I refinanced last January, reducing our monthly income significantly. In doing that, I consolidated a number of small debts and a car payment. Well, as I always say, things happen for a reason. I must have been doing that to prepare for what's to come. I'm more nervous about how long this process will take. I have a small savings, but it won't go far if it takes a long time. I may be contacting our lean-holder to work out something. I've always had impeccable credit and don't want that to change. I have longstanding, good relations with our banks. Cross your fingers and say a prayer the process works through quickly.... :)

Will do. Thank you for your interest. How are you feeling these days?

In middle of a bad flare, but I will survive ;) I just need to learn to ignore those darn cramps! Hopefully tonight it will be good!

Trellum, I'm sorry you're having a bad flare. I know you'll survive. We're a strong lot! I hope your evening was better. Keep at your physicians to help you find the right medications to make you more comfortable and even though I don't need to say it, rest up girl! :)

Thanks for always being here to lend your sweet and positive support. This forum....words can't even begin to describe how much it's helped me. Not that I want others to have what we go through, but to have others with so many similar symptoms has been sooo validating and cathartic. I don't know how long it would have taken me mentally to get to where I believe I am. I'm okay with me and I love my life, health issues and all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back