I dont know what to do any more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh cookies + tea! num num’s, I’ll sleep tidy now with my sweet treats 😁

Hi David! Just a shout out from here and I wanted to applaud you for writing. Many of us have anxiety and depression, but it can all be handled. A psychologist/counselor has helped me, too, which I've done since my dear Dad died nine years ago. I wasn't diagnosed with fibromyalgia then, that's happening now, but many of the issues I've had over the years turn out to be linked with fibro. One thing I wanted to add is that one of them can be (interstitial) cystitis I believe, which is bladder inflammation. This means you can have bladder pain but the urinalysis will come back clear. Only a urologist here would diagnose that condition, and the best way is to take a tiny sample of the bladder wall under sedation, which he'd examine. My test was not definitive, but my Mom has it. (And she has fibro.) So as a result, the urologist put me on elmiron, the only drug here that treats it. It isn't cheap here but that is likely not an issue in the UK, whatever name it may be called there. It worked. Just FYI, it takes a little time, as in weeks but it really cured my issue there. I thought you should know all this in case your bladder pain continues, as you would keep getting normal results but have pain when going, also maybe frequency (going a lot), etc. I hope you don't have it, but it's better to know more than less.

I'm new to the group but everyone has been really helpful. I'm sure you'll find the same!

Hi David! Just a shout out from here and I wanted to applaud you for writing. Many of us have anxiety and depression, but it can all be handled. A psychologist/counselor has helped me, too, which I've done since my dear Dad died nine years ago. I wasn't diagnosed with fibromyalgia then, that's happening now, but many of the issues I've had over the years turn out to be linked with fibro. One thing I wanted to add is that one of them can be (interstitial) cystitis I believe, which is bladder inflammation. This means you can have bladder pain but the urinalysis will come back clear. Only a urologist here would diagnose that condition, and the best way is to take a tiny sample of the bladder wall under sedation, which he'd examine. My test was not definitive, but my Mom has it. (And she has fibro.) So as a result, the urologist put me on elmiron, the only drug here that treats it. It isn't cheap here but that is likely not an issue in the UK, whatever name it may be called there. It worked. Just FYI, it takes a little time, as in weeks but it really cured my issue there. I thought you should know all this in case your bladder pain continues, as you would keep getting normal results but have pain when going, also maybe frequency (going a lot), etc. I hope you don't have it, but it's better to know more than less.

I'm new to the group but everyone has been really helpful. I'm sure you'll find the same!

Great information, DebMarPir. So many people seem to have this issue, so it's great to hear something that works. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back