Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/2006
Country
US
State
PA
I want to become a teacher and/or do cosmetology but my fibro just came back. I do have problems with my hands. I don't know if I should just go ahead and go to school to become a cosmetologist, go to become a teacher, or just not go to school for now? I already racked up 17,000 in student loans...and I have to start paying on them in a couple months but I don't have a job. My mom, who also has fibro, thinks I should be able to handle beauty school but I can't stand up for long periods of time. I am really unsure on what to do.

lovelyoceanwaves, welcome to the site. you can get your student loan paid for by the govt. there are some professions that you can train for that the govt will do this. please research this as i do believe a teacher is one of them. try to get things in line and that will help reduce your stress. Less stress = less pain. good luck in what ever to chose. many good low pay days ahead, give it time.

lovelyoceanwaves,
Do you have a school picked out where you wish to study cosmetology? If this is your life's dream, then I would say go for it. There are lots of options in this field as it covers nail care, as well as, skin and hair. If you speak to your teachers about your fibro condition they might agree to you having the use of a stool to sit on while doing someones hair and not be hard on you as your work through flares. As for jobs if you feel unable to leave the house at this time look for an online job that will start to bring in income. One place is workersonboard and another online site is WAHM. Do a websearch for both and you will find a lot of different types of jobs that can be done at home on your computer. I hope your flare goes away so that you can enjoy your life to a much fuller extent.

Try reading though the alternative methods, as well as, pain management topic sections as they might have some suggestions in helping you manage your pain and other symptoms. Try to relax and reduce your stress levels. Ask questions and we will do our best to help you. By the way welcome to the forum. :)

lovelyoceanwaves,
Do you have a school picked out where you wish to study cosmetology? If this is your life's dream, then I would say go for it. There are lots of options in this field as it covers nail care, as well as, skin and hair. If you speak to your teachers about your fibro condition they might agree to you having the use of a stool to sit on while doing someones hair and not be hard on you as your work through flares. As for jobs if you feel unable to leave the house at this time look for an online job that will start to bring in income. One place is workersonboard and another online site is WAHM. Do a websearch for both and you will find a lot of different types of jobs that can be done at home on your computer. I hope your flare goes away so that you can enjoy your life to a much fuller extent.

Try reading though the alternative methods, as well as, pain management topic sections as they might have some suggestions in helping you manage your pain and other symptoms. Try to relax and reduce your stress levels. Ask questions and we will do our best to help you. By the way welcome to the forum. :)

Teaching I think is my life's dream, but I am not sure yet. The flare is getting so bad to where I can barely walk, having pain, and feeling severely weak. But I am thinking of telling the disabilities director at my current school about my situation and see what she says. I checked out workersonboard and WAHM...and most of them sound like scams or don't work or I don't think I can do. And thank you for welcoming me to the forum. :)

I just don't want to waste time in school if I can't work. However, I don't want to have regrets either. I thought of starting a youtube channel about fibromyalgia and life with it, but I am kind of chickening out.

While yes, some of the suggestions on both of those websites could be scams, but I will tell you without workeronboard, I would still be without any income. As long as your not paying up front for a job and joining is free you have no reason to worry. You could do a web search for chat blogs that need writers and add info about what you have learned by schooling or in the line of cosmetology. There are forums you can get paid to post on and if your good talking with people you could be a tutor or take orders or set up appointments for companies. The list is endless and some jobs pay more than others. Some survey sites are worth the effort. I do surveys and write on chat blogs, and one can always sell unused school books or other books or sell your dvd movies or computer games you don't want anymore online. If you love helping others you could offer to help an elderly neighbor get to the store and back, by driving them or go visit people in a nursing home for a activity that gets you out of the house. Often we can be our own worst enemy when we limit ourselves by fear of what if instead of trying to help ourselves out of a streak of bad luck. Please message me if you wish more help. :)

I don't have the energy to go outside or to get anything done. It is to the point it is hard to use my hands and more. I wonder if I could do something in the teacher field somehow. What survey sites are good?

If you open up ability to receive messages I will be able to contact you directly.

First go to your User CP, upper left hand corner of topic's across top of page.
Click on that and your information options opens up. The list is down left side of page.
Go to Settings and Options, under this heading find Edit Options, and click on it.
Scroll down to Private Messaging
(Check box) for Enable Private Messages

Go down to Visitor Messages
If you want to (check box) that says limit usage of visitor messages to Contacts and Moderators.
If you don't you can receive messages from anyone. Go to bottom of page and check save changes.

Once you have done this you will see a place on left side of your page that says send a new message,
click on that and a page opens where you can send a private message.

Need more help let me know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back