I feel like I have a fever with flu like symptoms when I get a flare up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well jay pretty sure it’s not so much hormones for you lol.

It is kind of a relief to see that other people experience this flu like funk too - I am frequently feeling this way, with the shortness of breath and fatigue but no fever (or covid) and then I wonder what is wrong with me - I find the vagueness of this condition so hard to deal with because I also have spinal issues that cause pain - which is which? or are they all one big unhappy mess... anyway, knowing others have these symptoms takes some of the fear away of wondering what is wrong with me. I have been diagnosed with fibro - its just confusing and easy to blame everything or nothing on it...

It’s a long old road I’m afraid.I have had this years.so know what’s what for me ,most of the time.
My 19 year old daughter has just been diagnosed.and bless her she text me often and asks what pain is what. It’s so personal that’s what one person has ,others may not.but we do tent to share many things.
Flu .sore skin stiffness all over body ache .try and look at it this way.if it’s flu it will be intense and pass within say 3 weeks . If it’s if it’s stiffness due to arthritis that can be proved.so if you don’t have that ,your pretty much know it’s your fibromyalgia.I have back problems.and my toes go dead when it’s playing me up.so for me I no it’s my back and not fibromyalgia.
It’s all about learning your body.which takes time xxxx

I'm working on my stiffness and my sleep rhythm (may have to do with the feverishness) at the moment, this week. For stiffness I've now found a new quick hack, realizing that it's the tendons: I twist both legs (and arms) outwards, then inwards, as far as they'll go, 2x4x. If I do this before getting up/moving from whatever, my stiffness is almost gone. If I do it regularly in between, I can move more smoothly. I'm hoping it will prove to increase my energy, by depleting it less.
Since I've been told I'll have to work early one day a week after the lockdown (get up at 6:20), after the initial shock and futile protest, I'm playing around with my sleeping time, napping/sleeping in the afternoons, something I haven't done for a while out of fear to make my sleep interruptions worse at night. That hasn't happened up to now tho. I've napped 20-30' twice, and slept long, 1-2h twice, no real problems yet, usually without an alarm, just listening to my body. But doing this, I've been reminded that getting up too early or being too tired had often given me this feverish-feeling long before fibro. So I'm thinking of trying to get to bed as soon as it comes, e.g. midday, instead of cold-washing it away like I've been doing up to now. Have to change a lot of my daily rhythm of work, eat & play, bit difficult, but the sleeping time seems fairly flexible, sometimes it was at 1 (shorter), sometimes at 4 (longer).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back