Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
US
State
wa.
I've used my husbands chainsaw earmuffs . He refuses to wear hearing aids. Anyway what I wanted to address is , I have noticed, like many other things along with fybro, is I have good days and bad with noise tolerance. Today just happens to be irritating. I feel pretty silly running around with industrial earmuffs.

I use foam earplugs sometimes. When really bad I add "noise cancelling" stereo head phones as well! There isn't anything though that helps with the noise of 6 young grandkids! Haha! It's like an EXPLOISON of noise and activity! I prepare for it, (mentally), as I surely wouldn't want to miss it.

I use foam earplugs sometimes. When really bad I add "noise cancelling" stereo head phones as well! There isn't anything though that helps with the noise of 6 young grandkids! Haha! It's like an EXPLOISON of noise and activity! I prepare for it, (mentally), as I surely wouldn't want to miss it.
I didn't realize noise was a issue with Febromyalgia! I have days like that too, where it seems like I hear every sound that is going on everywhere and I try to drowned out everything else by turning up the tv which aggrevates my husband and he has hearing loss, but I can't understand what is being said if I don't drown out the other noises. He has to have a fan on him when we sleep and the noise is awful to me and keeps me awake. It this typical?

The noises that bother me are, commercials on tv, constant dog barking, other people smacking their food with mouth open, tapping spoon in bowl, hint.....I serve with plastic bowl to people who are not compassionate to you problem.

I have found noise very upsetting, commercials, kids screaming in the pool next door, dogs barking. I have to shut all the windows most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back