I have enough.. Am I being unreasonable??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nika1995, I’m wondering how you are doing and if the subject of going to the wedding is still pending, or have you been able to educate your husband more on fibro so that he can have a better understanding of what you go through? I sure hope that is the case. It has to be extremely hard to have to deal with fibro and take care of your babies too, especially if your husband isn’t giving you support. I sincerely hope your situation is improving. And if not, remember that you have support here in these forums, even if you just want to vent. Take care!

awww Lolamerle you’ve got me crying 😭 happy tears of course!
I have struggled so long to find someone to talk to that understands what I’m going through and this forum the last few days has literally kept me going mentally.
I haven’t had a flare this bad since last December and it’s been 2 months of taking it one day at a time and delegating energy to my children, house chores, health appointments and to myself, it really has taken a toll on my metal Heath this time round because of going from being fit and heathy to bed ridden with debilitating pain and never knowing what or when it’s going to happen. It’s so mentally and physically draining.
In another thread, Sunkacola responded to me when I was feeling especially down, and I wanted to quote what she said:
Once I learned to just let it be what it is each day, without attaching a bunch of emotion to it, things got so much better it was as if I had taken a miracle drug or something. I honestly think that this has been a huge key for me in managing fibromyalgia. Accept what is happening in this moment. Radically accept it. Accept again.
So you had plans? Things change. Accept that, make it an OK day anyway.
So you failed at the exercise you wanted to do today? Oh well, Accept it! Do something else, or just try again tomorrow.

True courage is not being strong all the time or always coming out of the chute roaring.
Sometimes it is simply saying, I will try again tomorrow.
This advice is just so perfect! It felt good for me to read it, so I wanted to pass it along to you.

Also, for me, I’ve struggled a bit to get rid of the guilt I’ve felt for what I’ve seen in my mind as the burden on others because of my health issues. Like my husband having to make dinner and do household chores because I am unable to (even though he never complains). A tiny voice still questioned if fibromyalgia is a legitimate diagnosis, and if other people see it that way, like they might be thinking it’s just an excuse to be sick. But there’s so much research and documentation on fibromyalgia that doctors are starting to accept it as real and valid, and it’s helped me to accept it too. I’m learning to see fibro people (victims? patients?) as the same as anyone else who can’t perform certain chores because they are sick or simply can’t physically do something - like someone in a wheelchair, blind person, etc. Our issues are just as legitimate and we should not feel guilty because we need help.

I sure hope the two month long flare is subsiding for you and you’re getting a break from it, because I’m sure you just simply need a break from the exhausting job of taking care of your children and all that comes with it! When I was raising two granddaughters, I worked full time but at least our office was in our home, but I remember being constantly on the GO! As I’ve said, I couldn’t imagine doing all that and having fibromyalgia too!

As they say “You go, girl!”, and don’t worry if you can’t do it all, because another saying applies too: “Tomorrow’s another day”. Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back